Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

100 DELMAR GARDENS DRIVE, Henderson, NV, 89014

Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

Andrea15 February 28, 2014

My mother was in rehab at Delmar Gardens. A doctor recommended them to us. I didn't care for that place. The staff was okay, but there were a lot of things that I would request and I had to go in and ask them multiple times until they do the things that we were requesting. For example, I told them that mom didn't want a man taking her to the bathroom. After I told them that, they did it anyway. I had to bring that up to them like three times.

There were two separate dining rooms and one of them was a very tiny room that was for people that really can't feed themselves, and yet they had my mom sitting in there. She should have been in the bigger dining room amongst the people that she can converse with. So again, I had to tell them that I wanted her in the main dining room a couple of times. With regard to food, my mom said that it was great though. As far as what they could improve on, they should improve on their cleanliness and maybe update their furniture.

valmiagio May 08, 2012

My 83 year-old father was at Delmar Gardens twice in a six-month period before he finally passed away, with a stay at another facility in between those two stays. I therefore had a good comparison to make. Although long term nursing facilities are difficult places for a loved one in general, once I learned "the ropes" so to speak, I was able to communicate effectively with all the staff, which is not always the case at every place. I felt there could be more staff to patients, because the nurses are stretched pretty thin. The caring of 90% of the staff there was above anything I expected, and given the difficulty of my father's personality and the care he needed, they did an outstanding job. First, the social worker/care coordinators were amazing, providing us with a lot of information. We connected with several physical therapists who really took an interest in my difficult dad, and did their best to get him motivated. There were a handful of CNAs who figured out how to work with him, for which we are forever grateful, especially during the last few weeks of his life. Doctor communication I would give the lowest score...unfortunately, it seems that way in most facilities.

Overall, our experience was a good one.

About Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

Delmar Gardens of Green Valley is a nursing home in Henderson, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Delmar Gardens of Green Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Delmar Gardens of Green Valley