Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

100 DELMAR GARDENS DRIVE, Henderson, NV, 89014

Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

Caring107593550 May 18, 2015

Part of Delmar is a rehab, and part is a nursing home. The rehab center was wonderful as well as the nurses. My father likes the food, and there are three meals in a day. They play bingo and have little exercise classes. It is a nice place and pretty.

Diane Battoe January 10, 2015

My mom is 83 years old. She had a major stroke in November and was in St Rose for 3 weeks. Then we were told she had to go to rehab. We had no idea what to do. The social worker at the hospital gave us a list of rehab facilities and my sister and I went to check them out. When we arrived at DelMar Gardens we didn't have an appt but they said no problem we will have someone take you on a tour. A lady name Sally came and took us around the whole place and it's huge. She took us first to Unit 2 where they do all the rehab. I have to say, the therapists are fabulous from occupational, exercise and speech Theapary .they were all so wonderful with my mom. She lost her right side and all of her speech. After 6 weeks in rehab she now can write again just like she did before her stroke and she is saying words now. Two days ago we moved her over to the resident side of building. She is so happy over there. She has a nice room with a roommate and a sliding glass door that goes out into a nice big yard where she can go and sit outside when the weather is nice. Beautiful grounds. I can't say enough about the staff, anything I need I just let them know and it's done. They just love my mom and take such good care of her. She has her hair done every Thursday with Pauline. She is wonderful with the residents. There are all kinds of activities, so they always have something to do. They even have an ice cream parlor that opens everyday from 1-3:30 and they can have as much ice cream as they want and it's all free. They think that is nifty . It reminds my mom of the old days. Well, all I can say is that so far we are really please with this place. That includes, nurses, CNA's especially, laundry, reception, cooks, maintenance , crafts, beauty shop, and anything else I forgot. I'd like to thank them all for making my moms life a little nicer.

Caring103146750 December 18, 2014

I put my mother in at Delmar Gardens. She was at this facility previously, and we thought that it was OK, so when she required to go back in to a nursing home, we picked that one. They have a beauty salon, a lot of activities, social events, and they bring in entertainers. They have a lot of church services as well. I had all the contact numbers myself so it was usually me who contacted them because that’s where we wanted it. We had all their contact information and nurses’ telephone numbers. We are very happy with the care, it is quite large, and they have a very large staff.

Andrea15 February 28, 2014

My mother was in rehab at Delmar Gardens. A doctor recommended them to us. I didn't care for that place. The staff was okay, but there were a lot of things that I would request and I had to go in and ask them multiple times until they do the things that we were requesting. For example, I told them that mom didn't want a man taking her to the bathroom. After I told them that, they did it anyway. I had to bring that up to them like three times. There were two separate dining rooms and one of them was a very tiny room that was for people that really can't feed themselves, and yet they had my mom sitting in there. She should have been in the bigger dining room amongst the people that she can converse with. So again, I had to tell them that I wanted her in the main dining room a couple of times. With regard to food, my mom said that it was great though. As far as what they could improve on, they should improve on their cleanliness and maybe update their furniture.

valmiagio May 08, 2012

My 83 year-old father was at Delmar Gardens twice in a six-month period before he finally passed away, with a stay at another facility in between those two stays. I therefore had a good comparison to make. Although long term nursing facilities are difficult places for a loved one in general, once I learned "the ropes" so to speak, I was able to communicate effectively with all the staff, which is not always the case at every place. I felt there could be more staff to patients, because the nurses are stretched pretty thin. The caring of 90% of the staff there was above anything I expected, and given the difficulty of my father's personality and the care he needed, they did an outstanding job. First, the social worker/care coordinators were amazing, providing us with a lot of information. We connected with several physical therapists who really took an interest in my difficult dad, and did their best to get him motivated. There were a handful of CNAs who figured out how to work with him, for which we are forever grateful, especially during the last few weeks of his life. Doctor communication I would give the lowest score...unfortunately, it seems that way in most facilities. Overall, our experience was a good one.

About Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

Delmar Gardens of Green Valley is a nursing home in Henderson, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Delmar Gardens of Green Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Delmar Gardens of Green Valley

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: