Mayfair Care Center

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Mayfair Care Center

MallRat0698 August 05, 2011

Other

My loved one was sent to this facility to be an outpatient after recovering from evasive life-saving surgery. The facility was local and that was the only benefit that the facility possessed. The care facility was notifed that my loved one would be arriving at their facility but they were not prepared for her when she arrived. She was put into her room and at that time, everything appeared to be fine. But within moments, she had trouble breathing and had to use the oxygen tank provided to her as an outpatient. My loved one then proceeded to panic and this created even more of an issue and she had even more trouble breathing due to the panic attack. I take issue with the way the employees handled the situation in that, they did not handle it AT ALL. My loved one had to contact her relatives because the employees were doing nothing to relieve her distress. And when three of us did arrive to her assistance and we inquired about what was being done about - there was no one there with any answers. After my loved one eventually calmed down and was able to breathe properly again, it was decided that she would not stay in this facility. Although fully staffed, it took close to two hours for the paperwork and the run-around to be finalized before my loved one could leave their facility. Unnecessary hassles abounded. And one other thing - while waiting, I really had a chance to observe some of their employees' interaction with the other residents of the home and I did not approve. I actually saw one of the workers yell at one of the seniors there and when the senior did not respond, the worker YANKED the senior up by one of her arms and then proceeded to lead this elderly person down the hallway, like she was a bad child and was being put in the corner as punishment. Disgraceful. Would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Mayfair Care Center

Mayfair Care Center is a nursing home in Hempstead, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mayfair Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Mayfair Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335279

Location of Mayfair Care Center