Colonial Park Care Center

Reviews of Colonial Park Care Center

Overview of Ratings

2.7

July 24, 2012

At this point my father is in Colonial Park Care Center. We initially wanted to place him in an assisted living but we are putting this plan on hold for now. When we decided to put him on a rehab, Colonial Park was the only one who had an available bed at that time and its closest to where he was located in a hospital. The staff was fine and they are helping him out to be as comfortable as he can be. He is currently sharing a room with another patient. Their food seems good and he's eating fine.

April 18, 2012

By kdoc87

The staff was not professional in the least. They treated my Grandfather like a child and that was while he had visitors were in the room. I cannot imagine how they treat their patients when they are alone. There were a few exceptions, and a couple of the caretakers were knowledgable. The food looked and smelled gross. My Grandfather was served his food in a pureed consistency. I did notice that the meals looked horrid. One of the nurses almost dropped my Grandfather because she was trying to move him from his bed into a wheelchair all by herself. She must have weighed about 90 lbs and decided not to ask for any help. I also remember one time when he got sick to his stomach and after vomiting into a cup, one of the staff members made a sneer and said "I can't do this" with an attitude and walked away. I would not recommend this facility to anyone. It's dirty, the staff are mostly unfriendly and uncaring, and I feel bad for anyone having to experience it.

July 27, 2011

By jjkmom

This facility is a place that has a smell of urine as soon as you go through the door. The patients sit at the nurses' station and are avoided by passing staff members when the patient asks for help. The staff does not smile. The young admission person was rude and rushed me through the tour.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Colonial Park Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Colonial Park Care Center

Colonial Park Care Center is a nursing home in Harrisburg, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Colonial Park Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Colonial Park Care Center