St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

405 Folse Street, Harahan, LA, 70123

Reviews of St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

jay1212 June 29, 2015

If I could rate 0 stars I would. I put my beloved mom in there and had to pull her out after 3 days. Care was HORRIBLE, they had no clue how to transfer her without dropping her. Never did get her medications straight! CNA'S were beyond rude and uncaring and the nursing care wasn't much better. In 3 days my mom went from being a very happy, alert 90 year old to a vacant eyed, unresponsive patient who I am convinced would not be with us today had we left her in that place. Thank God mom is now in a caring, loving nursing home. THIS PLACE IS NOT ONE! Please do not put a loved one in here.

Marsie June 15, 2015

My father stayed here twice for rehab and this is clearly the best facility he has stayed in. The staff (nursing, dietary, rehab, activity, social services, laundry, housekeeping, etc.) are always polite and friendly. They are awesome. The rehab staff had an excellent regimen and my daddy has significantly improved after his 3-week stay in the inpatient rehab department. He has received rehab at other facilities, but St. Joseph is the best of all. I highly recommend them. Thank you all for everything!

RR Resident November 27, 2013

Food cold, not very appetizing.Niursing care was terrible . CNA's carried a chip on their shoulders.Rooms were old much of the equipment did not work. Physician care was done mainly interns who accompanied 1 Doctor who did not get to see all the patients. Physical therapy department was adequate. Staff personnel when complained to about the CNA bad behavior ,said they talked to them but they did not change their attitude. Place understaffed, Patient family members had to help the patients who needed help, Administration did nothing to correct this problem but told us on application not to assist any other patient but to get an aide,WHAT a Joke ? Very disappointed Mother Ended up in Hospital due to lack of proper medical need attention.

Visit 120 May 19, 2012

My overall experience with this facility was not positive. However there were some positives as well as negatives. The facilities were not spectacular or top-notch. They seemed to be regular run of the mill rooms. They were clean however there wasnt much space or decoration in them. The facilites were also on the basic side. There were common areas for entertainment and meals but many residents were just sitting outside of there room doors in wheelcharis. There was one nicer area with carpeting and a piano but it was empty when we were shown it. The staff I'm sure have nice workers but that day's workers were not engaging at all. The facility appeared severely understaffed. Those that were there were not gentle in nature with the residents. Many yelled rude things to them. A few residents appeared neglected. Some had bed sores and rashes from wet undergarments. I didn't observe meal times but residents in the common areas has basic snacks in front of them. These were juices, pudding, jellow, graham crackers. The most promising thing that I saw was the mass bingo game that some residents and staff participate in. Residents seem to be interacting with each other. The most distressing thing I was was the small number or staff and no therapy session were taking place.

About St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Harahan, LA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St Joseph Nursing and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: