Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

1800 EAGLE LANDING BLVD, Hanahan, SC, 29406

Reviews of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

February 27, 2015

By myfamlymylife

My uncle attend this facility after having major surgery. He was making great strides at the hospital then all progress stopped after he came here. He grew more miserable and depressed with every visit. Then when he was finally given a speech value and could communicate again. He let us in on some of the things that were happening to him. We ended up having him removed from this place because he had to be hospitalized due to getting the pneumonia. He was NPO (nothing by mouth) as he had a feeding tube and his muscles were very weak and couldn't swallow food (everything went straight to his lungs). A staff member gave him medication by mouthw causing the pneumonia to set in. He was unable get around without help also. He told us after his hospitalization that he sat in diarrhea for 5 hours before he got help. He also had bed sores after attending here. When we were there we had him ring the nurses station just to see how long it took for them to respond. We were there over an hour and nothing. Please don't send a love one here if they are not entirely independent . Some of the staff were exceptionally friendly but others seemed just stressed out and too busy to care. Certain areas smelled strongly of urine and feces constantly. I realize nursing homes are severely under staffed but that is no reason to treat those who depend on you in their families absence so inhumane.

August 26, 2013

By Olive2

My dad had his rehab at Heartland Health Care Center. The physical therapists were wonderful and he enjoyed the people working with him. However, his biggest complaint was the food and it appeared that the people preparing the food were not from the South. The residents there were from the South and they were all complaining about the food. I'm sure it was nutritious, but it was not appealing to them.

Features of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston is a nursing home in Hanahan, SC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston