Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood

5775 MAELOU DRIVE, Hamburg, NY, 14075

Reviews of Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood

Linda88823950 March 30, 2014

They had rehabilitation on the first floor, and then they had a nursing home on the next two floors. My 96-year-old lady friend, she was there for about four years. She started out in the rehab on the first floor, which wasn’t too bad. Then when she got moved up to the nursing home on the second floor, there they had a smell. Like a urine smell from the diapers and stuff. I don’t think they had enough staff working. The couple of nurses and aide I met were wonderful and treated her nicely, but they could've used more help. I was there a few times, and the floor was sticky in her room. Maybe she spilled something and it didn’t get cleaned properly. The first winter she was there, from Thanksgiving to Easter she was quarantined to her room because she had an intestinal condition. I thought that was cruel and inhuman. I don’t know the normal procedure, but that's a long time to be stuck in her room. The first floor, where you walk in, was nice looking. They had a piano, and they had sofas and stuff, but once you start to get off the first floor it's not like that. A lot of the residents would just sit by the TV. It could’ve just been the time I was visiting.

Dennis13 September 26, 2013

We are happy with the quick and efficient acceptance of my mom into Elderwood Healthcare. Her follow-up care and continued placement care has been very positive. One of the very important factors for us is the cleanliness of the facility and the supportive staff. We can also visit anytime.

theGrandson June 12, 2012

My grandfather was a resident there as he had dementia until his death. He was in an assistant living with a Catholic Organization but he was caught out walking the streets and forgetting where he was. We had to put him the faculty so it was closer to my father who was a lot better at health care proxy than his brothers or sisters. The facility was very nice, their own rooms, very clean, nice people and a lot of activities for the residents.Their rooms was a nice size, which was taken care of by the respected staff. I would say the staff is one of the greatest part of Lakewood. They are very kind and helpful and you can tell these people want to take care of the residents there. The facility itself is very clean, well maintained and doesn't have that smell you get from other facilities.

About Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood

Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood is a nursing home in Hamburg, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Elderwood Health Care at Lakewood