Care One At Wellington

301 Union St, Hackensack, NJ, 07601

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Care One At Wellington

Keziah April 25, 2015

This place is terrible. Please spare a loved one from going through what my mother did. Her glasses were stolen, had 3 falls while in their care and they missed giving her chemo medication for over a week. Needless to say I brought her home early. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Effie P. March 10, 2015

Two bed rooms very small for residents, especially if pt needs walker or wheelchair. Furniture too bulky, take up too much room. Bedspreads are pretty, but bulky making it hard to wheel wheelchair around their corners.

The elevators are very small Only one is large enough for stretcher. The wait is long. In an emergency situation, this could be life or death for the patient.

There is too long a wait for Bathroom assistance, and medications. Not all the assistants are courtious, some are very rough getting pt in and out of bet.

myle December 09, 2014

The place was the worst --- my family member had to wait 2 hours -- not just on one occasion but several for pain meds. The staff did not even tell the patient what medication she was taking, there was stool on diaper cloth pad-had asked to get a new one--and they tried to wipe it up with washcloth instead of getting new one, smelled musty and when requesting stuff like magazine or soda didn't get till the next day. Horrible place especially if a patient can help themselves.

Marie Martini Giannini August 07, 2014

The social service employee tried very hard to intimidate my sister and I. She threatened to report us to the ste for elder abuse. Our mothers physician said there was no medical reason for her to be there. The girl needs a lesson in communicating with family members. Her THREATS did not work!!!!! We have been taking very good care of our mother......The nursing care and the therapist were wonderful.

Kathy23 April 17, 2013

My cousin is in a very good facility which is Care One. I chose this facility because I'm a dean at a college and our nurses are there. She goes to movies, they do manicures and they do exercise. Everyday there are at least four different activities. What I like best about the facility is that they're keeping her and bringing her these activities as long as she's capable of doing it. She's not sitting in a room or lying in a bed. They can improve on the parking because there's not enough parking but I guess it depends on the time of the day you go. I'll definitely recommend this facility to others.

Joey1 June 21, 2012

Overall the facility was not bad but it did have some short comings. Some of these that should be taken into consideration are that it is a little over crowded, isn't as nicely decorated has some of the other places in the area. In terms of the positives the care seems to be adequate, there are lots of different activities for the members to participate in. But for someone reason the atmosphere of the place seemed kind of depressing and wasn't really a place that I would like to have a loved one live at. Most of the members didn't seem to be too happy. The members ranged from long term residents to individuals that were there for short term rehabilitation and thus planned on going back home once they were doing better. But if you are on a budget and are unable to afford some of the other more expensive places in the area this would not be a bad option.

Acclassen October 19, 2011

Upon entering the facility it is a lovely place it looks quite upscale and overall warm feelings as you walk through the door. The staff are quite friendly and helpful always attentive, there is always someone around to assist you or your family memebers and you never feel like your on your own. My grandmother loves it here she says the nursing staff is some of the friendliest she has came across in her few years of being in different rehabilitation places and other homes. The Doctors that come in seem to truly care for their patients and if there is a emergency the staff at Hackensack University Medical Center is right across the street so you do not have to wait for someone to come miles in a bad situation. The recreation directors try and get as many of the residents involved in activities throughout the day and the aides help when the resident can not participate alone. All and all it is one of the best assisted living facilities I have been to and I have been to alot in my profession, I would definately recommend them as one of the top 10 facilities in the area.

About Care One At Wellington

Care One At Wellington is a nursing home in Hackensack, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One At Wellington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Care One At Wellington

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Care One At Wellington