The Village at Waterman Lake Nursing Home
Reviews of The Village at Waterman Lake | Nursing Home
Overview of Ratings
April 19, 2015
I visited this facility
"When I found Caring.com and talked with an advisor, my stress just melted. I knew they would find a home for Mom."
- Robin Fritz
Trusted by Families
Founded in 2007, we’ve helped over 500,000 families find the perfect home for their loved one.
We partner with local care providers to keep our service completely free for you.
Our Family Advisors have the latest pricing details for thousands of communities nationwide.
We are here for you – whether you're just starting your search or need to find care fast.
Our knowledgeable Family Advisors will work within your budget and help you find financial assistance.
We’ll help you find providers who can provide the level of care that your loved one needs.
Photos of The Village at Waterman Lake
About The Village at Waterman Lake
Welcome to The Village at Waterman Lake
Catered Retirement Living
The Village at Waterman Lake is a catered retirement community in northern Rhode Island with resort-style amenities and a full range of lifestyle options to suit every need.
Southern New England's leading provider of catered retirement living, catered assisted living, the region's most innovative Alzheimer's care and skilled nursing*, The Village at Waterman Lake has earned a reputation for excellence that is second to none. Family owned and operated, The Village offers the perfect blend of hospitality and first-class health services for those who need them.
We offer a tremendous variety of services and amenities on our 33- acre wooded campus: breakfast, lunch, and dinner served in our elegant dining rooms, housekeeping and linen service, chauffeured transportation, well-stocked libraries, pub, putting green, and much, much more, all included in our month-to-month rental rates. For the convenience of residents, outpatient rehabilitation and physician services are available on site. Competitively priced, and conveniently located off Route 295, The Village at Waterman Lake remains Rhode Island's Premier Choice for catered retirement and assisted living.
(*Skilled nursing available to Village residents only)
Catered Assisted and Retirement Living Services include:
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Individual service planning
- On-site primary care physician
- Visiting podiatrist
- Social worker
- Personal support services depending on the individual needs of the resident; may include help with dressing, help with bathing, or escort services
- Wellness programs
- Facilitated pharmaceutical ordering/delivery
- Cooperative rehabilitation services such as physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Cooperative laboratory services
Catered Alzheimer’s Living Services Includes:
- Alzheimer's care specialist
- Open, airy, light-filled residence and gardens
- Charming suites designed to accommodate personal furniture and memorabilia
- Personalized service plan (i.e. help with dressing, bathing etc.)
- Awareness of dietary needs
- Therapeutic interventions
- Sensory stimulation
- Relaxation exercises
- Low-exertion aerobics
- Counseling services
- Frequent and engaging excursions
- Continuous activity schedule
- Caring and Sharing gatherings for family members
- Psychological Consulting provided by Med Options along with Dr. Andrew Rosenzweig
Keep in mind that you can sample catered retirement living with a mini-retreat in a private, comfortable, furnished apartment, perfect for older adults who are considering senior living and want to try it out. Or, be our guest when you're recovering from surgery or an illness and want to transition home from the hospital. All our guests enjoy the same great amenities as our full-time residents, including:
- Homemade breakfast, lunch, and dinner served in our elegant dining rooms, many with sweeping views of Waterman Lake
- Transportation available by private car on an individual basis or private coach for group excursions and to doctor's visits
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Use of all common rooms and amenities
- Resident computer with internet access
- New Resident Teas
- Daily Villager distributed each morning with list of what's going on that day and where
- Food Advisory Board meetings where residents can voice their opinions on the dining service
- Resident/Director Meetings where residents may share thoughts/suggestions with The Village Administrator
- Full Activities Calendar including a broad range of trips and indoor functions including but not limited to the following
Activities and Programs:
- Boat rides on Waterman Lake (three times a week in warmer weather)
- Shopping trips and errands day
- Theatre outings and other cultural excursions
- Day trips to exciting area attractions (i.e. the Bay Queen, Newport, the Casino, the Berkshires, local eateries and so much more)
- Workshops and seminars
- Guest performances from visiting performing artists and musicians
- Art therapy sessions and Aromatherapy
- Tai Chi classes
- Billiards, bocce, putting and croquet
- Pub parties and socials
- Seasonal parties
- Bridge night
- Book club and poetry readings
- Monthly Theme lunches... and so much more
Please give us a call for a FREE Personalized Tour! The Village at Waterman Lake is a retirement community located in Greenville, RI that offers Catered Retirement Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and the region's most innovative Alzheimer's residence.