Camden Place Health and Rehab

1 Marithe Ct, Greensboro, NC, 27407

Reviews of Camden Place Health and Rehab

Scooter17 October 31, 2014

Facility is very clean and very inviting. RNs, CNAs were really good. Physical therapy and occ therapists were good overall. The administrative end is very disconnected and in my opinion incompetent for the job titles they are assigned. They lack knowledge of insurances and have no connection with families or the patients. Their billing practices are in my opinion questionable and should be reviewed. It takes up to 60 days to have a claim processed with your insurance company but they expect you to pay copays up front even when out of pocket expenses have been met and then wait on a refund. I don't think so. Not impressed. So sad to see

LIG07 October 29, 2014

The place needs to close and all the residents need to go somewhere else so they can get the care they deserve. Most of the CNA's are there for a paycheck only and no care nor interest for the residents. They let their residents sit in their waste. They always say they will come back and they think 30-45 minutes is sufficient or longer. They don't know how to operate a hoyer lift. They talk rude to the residents. They rather keep the residents drugged up so they don't have to tend to them. Director of the facility needs to rethink a profession-she's in the WRONG field. The call bell/light serves no purpose- they come in, shut it off and leave. During all meal times give or take a hour or two- no residents can be tended to because they have to serve and feed the patients- so if anyone needs to go to the bathroom or need any assistance- they have to wait and then its too late. Protect your loved ones- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. IT's clean but that's about it

Chariot August 14, 2014

The only good thing about this place was the rehab. The other 23 hours were a nightmare!! Here are just some of the examples: Left bedside potty chair in the room for more than 24 hours without emptying it. Never fixed the light so the patient could turn the light off after the CNA or nurse came in in the middle of the night and left it on. Call button for room malfunctioned throughout stay. First night in Camden from hospital left patient on the potty chair 35 minutes even after screaming for help. Patient fell trying to get up. I have a pictures of the bruises on the operative leg.

Donna65806650 January 07, 2014

This is a very clean, nice smelling, pleasant atmosphere with competent, caring staff. My mother was there for 2 weeks for rehab from a knee replacement because my father could not care for her in there home as he has moderate stage dementia.

The transition to the rehab center from the excellent, timely, well scheduled care we had experienced at Wesley Long Hospital was rough. It took Camden Place a few days to get my moms meals, meds and therapy in sync. I think the CNAs and Physical Therapists were competent and caring. The problem seemed to center around a kitchen that could not get the meals out in time to get the medicine in patients in time for them to make some of their rehab/therapy appts. At least that was our experience. The tile floors and sound system/speakers in the hallways make the place pretty noisy so I would recommend a sound machine or small fan to create some white noise. I think Camden Place is probably one of the top 2 or 3 in Greensboro...I would just recommend you have a family member there for the first 12 hours of transition from hospital. Our discharge planning meeting went well while we were in the meeting but the Social Worker at Camden dropped the ball and there was a delay in my mom's in - home rehab care...which was a setback of a 1 or 2 in her recovery. Be watchful for the transition to home as well. Be watchful, be an advocate and speak up and ask for what you need! They were accommodating when asked.

JuneMM November 21, 2013

My dad is 94 years old. He has been in Camden Place Health and Rehab for over three years now. It's overly priced for the care that he has been given. I don't like where he's at; they don't do a good job there. They charge a lot of money but they don't take care of him. The staff is not interested in helping the residents. They're just there to gather a paycheck. My dad wears Depends and they're supposed to come in every two to two and a half hours, but sometimes they don't come in for like five hours.

My dad had a horrible rash that was bleeding and the woman that's supposed to bathe him at night said he didn't have a rash. We had an infectious disease nurse in for him and she knew all about it, but this nurse that bathed him said he didn't have a rash when we knew he did. She stood there with the one of the executives and the executive said, "Well, she said he doesn't have a rash." So their executives are not open to criticism at all. They're not there for the families. They also had issues with ants in his room and his bathroom. They sprayed in his room but they needed to take care of the problem outside. It was a big thing. There were holes in my father's sheet. It's horrible!

Once I've called the housekeeper to come in to clean the bathroom because it smelled like urine. Also the food here is not adjusted for the elderly residents who either have false teeth or have a hard time chewing or residents who don't have the mobility to cut their foods. Definitely, I would never recommend this place! I would have gotten my father out of there two years ago, but there are six children and they didn't want to move him. Plus with his age, it is a little difficult to move him at this point.

ehudso June 15, 2012

Camden Place was wonderful. My grandmother had an amazing stay there. She was a very independent woman and had lived on her own for about 30 years, so going to Camden Place, even if it was just temporary, was a huge adjustment for her, and I can't say she wanted to leave her home. However, through things like service animals visiting, crafts, and bingo she was able to enjoy her time. Also, there was an outside area, in the middle of the facility, that was a great area to let her sit and enjoy when the weather was nice. The rooms were nice and spacious and had areas (closet/dresser) to put your clothes and other items. The staff was very nice and put up with us (the family) for days because we chose to stay with my grandmother for a few days until she go settled. We would watch the nursing staff and make sure they administered her medicine appropriately and helped her go to the bathroom. This didn't bother the staff at all and they were very friendly. Overall, it is a great place with great workers!

jksmith77 August 02, 2011

This facility has plenty of everything and I mean everything. Walk-around room, amenities, activities and so forth.

The grounds were very well kept and the inside of the building was impeccable. The staff was nice and knowledgeable except for a couple of instances where they seemed a little timid.

One certain instance had a patient nearly fall but a caretaker was nearby to save her fall. I would say there was a room of about 5 elderly patients and there were about the same number of caretakers. I love those odds.

I really did not have the cahnce to walk around but from what I could see everything looked wonderful.

About Camden Place Health and Rehab

Camden Place Health and Rehab is a nursing home in Greensboro, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Camden Place Health and Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Camden Place Health and Rehab

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Camden Place Health and Rehab