Sanctuary at St Mary's

1050 Four Mile Nw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49544

Reviews of Sanctuary at St Mary's

SueBell 7654 June 26, 2012

This place is a dump. The staff is very rude. Patients get ignored because they give 64 patients to one nurse.

Angel6 May 18, 2012

I did not really care for the facility, however this was the only place that could accommodate his needs. The facility was the only one that was close to all of the family. His care itself was good, however the staff there seemed like they were worked short staffed a lot of the time. My family spent a lot of time in the facility helping my grandpa out as much as they could. When walking in the front entrance a odor is present that I didn't feel should be there, I guess a lot of that comes from the aides and nurses having to many patients. There is also hard tile on the floors to me it always seemed like a hazard, I felt like it needed carpet in certain areas. The over all appearance wasn't bad looking, I have seem other homes where it truly looked bad. So overall the experience with the home wasn't that bad. If there was more help it would have been even nicer.

Carolyn1 January 09, 2012

One of my best friends was transferred to St. Mary's a few years ago. Her experience at the previous location was negative for the most part so she was happy to move. St. Mary's staff welcomed her and accommodated her every need. I was impressed with the administration and the nursing staff alike. Specifically, allowing her to move to the room of her choice ensuring her close proximity to the chapel started the experience off on the right foot. Imelda had some special dietary requirements which were cheerfully met each week as the menu changed. Special requests were also given attention. I visited Imelda at least twice a week for over six years of her stay. She was wheelchair bound and appreciated the level grounds of the garden and outdoor meditation area. I've had many experiences with other nursing homes in the area over the years. In my opinion St. Mary's is by far the best.

brit07 January 09, 2012

My experience with Saint Mary's Living Center was anything but great. My grandfather was there for about four months until his life ended. We had a great experience with certain people, but other than that, it seemed as if nobody cared. We could push the button to call someone to his room and nobody would come until we went down to the desk and asked for someone. They would just ignore the buzzer that was going off. My mom ended up changing my grandfather, since he could not get out of bed on his own because the nurses that worked there would ignore him. They would attempt to hold events for the people that could make it to them, but it seemed like they just threw things together to make it seem like they were trying. The building was usually pretty dirty as well. Like I said, there were certain nurses and workers there that were great, but for the most part the place was dirty, and the workers ignored their patients. If you can avoid putting your loved one in this facility, do it.

About Sanctuary at St Mary's

Sanctuary at St Mary's is a nursing home in Grand Rapids, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sanctuary at St Mary's for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Sanctuary at St Mary's

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Sanctuary at St Mary's