Life Care Center of North Glendale | Nursing Home

13620 North 55th Avenue, Glendale, AZ, 85304

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Life Care Center of North Glendale | Nursing Home

Greg25 June 30, 2015

Life Care Center of North Glendale is fine and seems well organized. The staff has been very helpful. The rooms are very clean and well manage. They have different activities, like bingo, movies and trips, but my brother was not able to go on those because he is kind of wheelchair bound. He doesn't really participate in any of the activities. I have eaten a meal there and I think it is good. My brother is a picky eater and he doesn't really like the food, but I don't think it is against them. They have dining rooms on each floor and there are four floors. The first floor dining room is a little nicer and have a little more room.

I like that it is close to where I live, only five minutes. It is close to a hospital, in case anything ever comes up. It is well managed, clean and smells good. I never go in there and smelled urine or anything objectionable. It seems like they know what they are doing. They are doing it for a long time and they do it well. They have different levels of care. They have people there just for a week or two, some people who are there permanently, and they have everything in between. However, they can improve on their meals.

Patient unhappy May 26, 2015

This place is not a caring facility. I was a patient after a spinal fusion and lamenectomy for one day as my daughter a Nurse Practitioner took me out. It took 45 minutes after you push button for someone to come in to ask what you need, then another before they take you to restroom. It took a total of 5 hours before I could get pain meds as they had to order from a drug store! No bed rails as you have to ask to help when they should know what you need before the hospital discharges you to them. I would never recommend this place to anyone as I would not want them to go through just one day there.

Michael83886450 November 30, 2014

Life Care Center wasn't very clean, and I was very dissatisfied with the physical rehab that my mom was receiving there. At this place where she needed skilled nursing, you push your button if you soil yourself and you lay there until they got there to take care of you. Maybe they can improve their staff to patient ratio, so that if she went to the bathroom, there would be somebody there to help. The woman who was in the bed in the same room as my mother had the same situation happen to her. She needed help and had been pushing the call button, but nobody came. And then, she started crying, so I left the room to go get a staff member. I had to walk around the facility to find somebody and to tell them that the old lady has a really bad problem, she's been crying and asking for help and somebody please go. Instead of that individual going, that individual got on the radio and called to see if there was somebody else available to go. I did not want my mom being treated that way, nor would I allow that other old lady to have to go through that. I went and sought out a staff member to get her help myself because I wouldn't want someone to do that for my mom. She was not able to get in and out of bed because she had broken her pelvis, and she did not receive the level of care or the level of physical rehab that she required. It was not at all what I would want for someone else's mom, let alone my own.

d hance April 12, 2014

Does not use hip percauctions on hip patient the aids here are not qualified to be helping the elderly after hip surgery . After 2 serious surgeries this place needs to be reported !! DO NOT GO HERE PLEASE

knr1027 January 14, 2014

My grandmother has been at this facility for a few years now. We have had several issues, relating to privacy, care, and theft. It is hard to get private time with her and her roommates, opening the curtains and peeping in when we are with her. The nurses do not take care of her like they should. She goes several days without bathing, to the point of smelling terrible. She will be in the same gown and bedding for days, even though sheets and her gown are messed with food. While we have moved her a few times to help with the privacy issue, the nurses still do not seem to care no matter where she is. We have also had numerous issues with people stealing from her. We are not sure if it is staff or patients, but the most recent was her telephone (which they had replaced with an older, crappy one) and that we had to provide in order for her to get in-room calls, as well as money she received for Christmas from her sister. It is sad that the people there are not treating her as she should be treated and not taking care of her as they would their own mother. It is also ridiculous that we have to worry about her items being stolen everytime we leave.

A Concerned CNA August 19, 2011

This facility, which houses about 200 residents, is a nice, secure, and clean place"”with no odors. It's located right across from Thunderbird Hospital and in Glendale, which is fairly residential, with some businesses scattered about. There is skilled nursing care here, but no particular memory care.

It is family-oriented and friendly and welcoming to visitors"”equipped with vending machines and offering a spacious landscaped grass area with misters out front and a waterfall area where residents and visitors can gather.

All the rooms are shared, but they are a good size, clean and tiled. There are also some common areas on each floor: four sections to a floor, considered pods"”with sitting areas in each pod. There is one dining room on each floor, and the food served there is good"”well balanced with protein and vegetables. Tellingly, residents do not complain about the meals.

There is a beauty shop and a restaurant onsite that is nice and clean, offering a few choices off a small menu. But the quality of the food is good.

The activities include bingo and other games, as well as sing-alongs; few outings into the community are offered.

There are occupational and physical therapy staff members who are good about taking residents promptly to and from appointments.

There is a nurse and one CNA to each section, who has 10 residents each. One recurring complaint is that the staff is a little lax in medication management; some residents say they don't get their pain meds on time. And one patient who had a bladder infection was not adequately toileted or monitored. The residents, most of whom are elderly, basically require a fair amount of assistance, but don't always get it in a timely way.

The cost is similar to other facilities in the area.

About Life Care Center of North Glendale

Life Care Center of North Glendale is a nursing home in Glendale, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of North Glendale for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Life Care Center of North Glendale

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Life Care Center of North Glendale