Beechwood Homes

2235 Millersport Highway, Getzville, NY, 14068

Reviews of Beechwood Homes

Lorraine L. December 21, 2013

Amazing employees! The aides and nursing staff are always very happy when they are with her. The Social worker in charge of my Mom's care treats my Mom like her own. Staff are consistently very friendly and greet you with a hello always. It is clean and a beautiful facility. I never have to worry about my Mom and I know they are doing their best to help her.

Caring0145 April 12, 2013

My dad says the care is great and the food is excellent at Beechwood. He's very happy there. He's got everybody his age around. He's very content.

My mothers daughter November 17, 2011

I wanted more. My mother needed a place to live after an extended hospital stay. After the hospital, she could stand, use a walker short distances and a wheelchair. After two months at Beechwood, she was no longer able to use the walker. The staff was able to take care of residents the old fashion way by feeding them, dressing them, activities and medication, but they did not provide the support for physical fitness after PT.

jennybobenny September 29, 2011

This was one of the nicest assisted living facilities that I have seen. It was clean and presentable, and as I was walking through the hall ways I almost felt as if I were in a hotel. The staff was friendly and it appeared as if they did a good job taking care of the residents. They have a "welcome home" philosophy and it was very evident why. We were told that residents are even able to bring furniture from home, as well as their precious items. Most residents seemed to have their own rooms, and they even had households, where only about twelve residents live, complete with a dining room, living room, and bathroom suite. The residents were not found lined up and down the hallways as in other facilities. Many spent times in their rooms, while others were socializing in the living room or dining room. The facility was very clean. I was very impressed by these facilities.

Caring391407 August 01, 2011

My mother stayed at this facility after an operation at Kaleida and she enjoyed her visit. She found Beechwood to be better than than the hospital but worse than home. Mom's room was large and relatively homey (red carpet, dark wood cabinets and furniture). She enjoyed entertaining family and friends in the interior courtyard area, which was full of light and very cheery. Mom also enjoyed getting her hair cut at Beechwood's in-house salon -- the stylist was quite good. The only complaints Mom had about Beechwood were its policies about smoking, leaving the facility, and the quality of the food. Mom wasn't allowed to smoke in her room or in the building, which irritated her. She had to use a walker to get down the hallway and out the door so that she could smoke outside.She also resented Beechwood's policies about leaving the facility -- she wanted to be able to come and go as she pleased, but wasn't allowed off the grounds.Finally, Mom found the food to be of average institutional quality -- bland, not-filling, not tasty. Family and friends ended up sneaking in homemade and restaurant food so that Mom could satisfy her appetite.

Neicie July 29, 2011

My mother has resided in this nursing facility for about two years.
She is currently residing in what they call a "household". The staff is very friendly and most of the aids take good care of my mother. The nurses are very attentive to the things I request for the care on my mother, and most always in a timely manner.
Her laundry is taken care of on a daily basis in their laundry room, which is at the end of the wing and part of this household.
The meals are served in a dining room / living room setting. There is a large TV, comfortable chairs, and nice tables and chairs for eating in the dining area of this shared room. In this room, the tables are always nicely decorated for the season.
I am very appreciative that I can have piece of mind when I am not there visiting.

About Beechwood Homes

Beechwood Homes is a nursing home in Getzville, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Beechwood Homes for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Beechwood Homes

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Beechwood Homes