Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

4011 Williams Drive, Georgetown, TX, 78628

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

cat.rom55 April 28, 2015

I visited Estrella Oaks a fews days ago and I was very much impressed with the care and options which they could offer my family. The ability for patients to receive Physically, Occupational and Speech therapy was something I never knew a skilled nursing facility could provide. When we toured we were able to see that Estrella oaks staff were friendly and knowledgable of what they could provide for our families particular situation. The therapy gym, spacious living and dining areas were a plus for a family who needed to wheel around someone in a wheel chair. My family and I will definitely be considering sending our mother here, rather than keeping her in home health care.

saynotoestrellaoaks April 03, 2015

This is a terrible facility. My dad was there for Parkinson's care, he received a lot care and physical therapy his first 60 days while they were waiting on his Medicaid paperwork to go through. As soon as they got the Medicaid paperwork established, they moved him to the "residential hall". He suffered from dementia, which they KNEW when they accepted him into the facility. After he was moved, he received no more physical therapy and was neglected. We kept him here because it was 5 minutes from our house and we had a family member up there with him round the clock. They tried to kick him out, which BTW they can't kick out patients. He had frequent bouts of agitation and fell out of his bed, we told them when he had these issues to call us and someone would be right there. They never did. We noticed his urine was dark brown and I told the nurse and she looked me right in the eye and said "Well, he's not complaining"
When we called hospice in, they sent him a mobile bed and the nurse HID it from us. The hospice nurse found it and gave it back to him. His last day alive, hospice said it would be a matter of hours and we asked if we could move him to a private room. The administrator said "No, there are no vacant rooms", they had 2 wings that were empty and hospice was providing a 24 hour nurse.
This place is terrible. Terrible. Do not send a love one here, it looks nice and they give a great sales speech but they lie.

pjhux1987 March 23, 2015

I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone! I visited the facility for my grandmother because her friend had gone in the past. I was very impressed with the facility. I was most impressed with the staff though. Everyone was very kind and took the time to answer questions I had.

Alison B January 25, 2015

My mother was placed at Estrella Oaks at my request as she was recovering from a fall. When I arrived for my care conference, I met with the administration. They began the conference by telling me I should have received a call because my mother had tried to leave the facility. I received no such call, and found it a bit difficult to imagine that my 87 pound mother, in a wheelchair, had set off alarms, but I accepted that she was exit-seeking. She had a paranoid episode with one of the aides and certainly would have wanted to leave, and I suspect they were concerned about the accusations and wanted her out. At that point I was told that she couldn't stay without around-the-clock sitters, and given a list of secure facilities so I could plan a move. The administrator kept telling me she was new and not knowledgeable about any of this. As far as I'm concerned, that was inexcusable--my mother needed expertise, not excuses. It was her job to be knowledgeable, and until she'd gotten the appropriate information, the conference should have been postponed. As it happened, I was given the names of several facilities.None of them accepted exit-seeking patients, so our time was completely wasted. The second administrator called a facility to check if they had a bed, which they did. Since that was a very significant distance from our home, we told them we did not to wish to move her there unless we couldn't find a facility that would allow us to visit her more easily. The next day we received a call from the charge nurse telling us she was being transferred to that facility! I told her we had not approved the transfer, and moved her back to her assisted living as long as we were forced to hire sitters. I found the lack of appropriate information to be appalling, and did not sense any compassion from administration. I've given the lowest possible rating, and that is only because I found the therapists, nurses and aides to be helpful and compassionate.

Carole17 January 17, 2015

There have been some difficulties with Estrella Oaks. My brother complains about the food all the time. I have sent a letter to them in November, and I never got a reply. His roommate was put on the floor to die literally. He had fallen out of his bed a couple of times, and he was under hospice care. So they took his bed out of the room and put him on the floor. He was still coherent. I spoke with him the day before he died, and I just did not really see that it was a choice to put him on the floor to die.

So I have written to the state. I have written to the administrator of the nursing home expressing my concern if they had looked through the other family members. There were just some things that were not handled well or professionally.

They do not have many activities, and they do not have bus services to take them anywhere. It is supposed to be an upscale care center, but they do not provide that service for their patients or the residents. The rooms are very small, and it appears clean. I had to move my brother to another room the other day because they needed his room for rehabilitation, and that one was filthy. Underneath the bed were dirty clothes and cups. It was not dusted. I was really upset about that. Overall, I have not been that satisfied with it. I am looking for other options for him.

schlichterj November 06, 2013

The physical plant itself was fine. Rooms were big enough and clean enough, Physical therapy was good with excellent trainers. Room care was barely adequate. Long wait for response to help calls. Sometime waited 30 minutes or longer for help to go the bathroom. Food was mediocre at best and most often served cold after sitting in the hall for long time. While the food sat in the hall getting cold, the nurses and staff busied themselves with paper work. Priority should be to get the hot food to the patients. The home is understaffed prompting some families to hire outside caretakers to go in and provide adequate care at additional cost. The company is making money at expense of good care.

About Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center is a nursing home in Georgetown, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Fee structure extra: We accept Medicaid

• Licenses: DADS

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites