Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

3737 N. Garland Avenue, Garland, TX, 75040

Reviews of Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

July 06, 2014

By Angela 918

My mother was at Winter Park for rehab. After 2 mos she made great progress. Then I noticed a decline in her. I am not in the medical field yet I had to inform them when she was dehydrated and had two uti while there. Got nothing but one excuse after another. I brought her home in far worse shape than when she first got there. I would not put my dog there.

November 07, 2013

By Windtalker

My wife was sent there for "rehab", rehab consisted of leaving her in a chair all night with her walker out of her reach, so she was unable to get into bed. The duty nurse told me she was in bed and slept all night, and she had her meds. My wife said she never got her meds. I cam ein one evening and found a patient who was supposed to be under supervision wandered into my wifes room. This is the "safe and secure" setting they are "providing". I had to demand her meals because they didnt bring her a menu as she was eating in her room. I pulled her out and they had adult protective services along with Garland police show up at my door the next day because I didnt have their "blessing" to leave. They have refused to provide the prescriptions the hospital set up for my wife. DONT EVER PUT YOUR FASMILY OR FRIENDS IN THIS PLACE. The system wont let me put less than 1 star, actually they dont deserve that.

October 18, 2013

By GHS Grad

My Mom was a patient here in 2011. While she was a resident, her leg was broken, Bruising on face, broken dentures, & 2 times 911 call for too low blood sugar. They give out diabetes meds without testing sugar levels. After seeing the 2 nurses on channel 4 news,10/17, I am positive this is what happened to my Mother for her injuries.

July 28, 2011

By DallasSW

Winters Park is about 10 minutes east of Dallas. It's a large suburb and a good location--a nice community with schools and churches. They're also an assisted living facility next door owned by the same people. They offer skilled nursing, rehab, and long-term care here. It's a brand new facility. Lovely. The rooms--some private, most shared--are very attractive. The staff when I was there last was well trained, attentive, and caring. But the director of nursing left, and care seemed to fall off. The food is good; the activities are okay--probably a 4 on a 4-5 scale.

June 05, 2011

By shellygurl213

Friend or relative of resident

This place has been a nightmare since day one.Pretty sad when a patient feels like they have to bribe staff with candy,cookies in order for them to be more caring,friendly.treats should be a reward not a bribe.My mom had a breathing treatment done at night the man puts mask on her then walks out then my mom kept pushing button on desk so she can let him know it wasn't working he came in after so many button pushes and he in a loud voice said stop pushing button. She tried telling him that it was not working he said treatment done would not listen got mad actually called him twice anyway the [man] not notice hose separated at that point my mom just said thank you .he intimidated her.

Features of Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Spanish

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Garland, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Winters Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center