Harrison at Heritage

4600 Heritage Trace Parkway,, Fort Worth, TX, 76244

Reviews of Harrison at Heritage

H.Young September 18, 2015

I had a very dear friend at The Harrison and she was well taken care of Dr.Hernandez is a very involved physician, the nursing staff was great and responsive to her needs. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Pleasecareformylovedone August 14, 2015

Call buttons wait times are generally lengthy-twenty to thirty minute average. Housekeeping is lax in the rooms. Bathing is done on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Staff seems to be short on weekends and housekeeping on weekends worse. There are a few staff who seem knowledgeable and caring but there seems to be a lack of standardized care. Patients are not checked on periodically so if your loved one is at The Harrison alone heaven help them. There doesn't seem to be accountability among the staff and little leadership coordination.

wherearethegoodnursinghomes July 06, 2015

The staff here seem to think they run the place and you work for them. They are rude and try to get out of doing their job. They would rather complain about the patients than help them. There are a few good workers but they are few and far between. The camaraderie among certain staff members is very unprofessional. For example, I heard a caretaker demeaning a resident who was complaining when being given a shower. This resident obviously didn't feel well and the staff member told her to stop complaining with another coming in to see what was going on and joining in with the negative comments addressed towards this person. Sometimes it is 30 minutes before someone answers a call light. When I asked about this I was told, "This is your government for you." There are not enough workers due to the government and medicare reform. Excuse me???
We brought medicine from home and it was "used up" in a matter of days so more was ordered. Hmmm............. what's going on here?
The food is sub-par at best. The only time we received consistently good care was during a recent state visit. During those three days there were more staff than we ever saw before. After they left it went right back to being a place where the residents are second and staff is first.

Keepmomhome January 19, 2015

Pros- I like Dr. Hernandez and the therapy staff. The facility is beautiful, and the meals are good. Cons- Housekeeping is lacking, many times trash liners are missing from the bathroom receptacles, so there's dirty wipes, and adult briefs in the cans without lines. They even threw away a valued picture my mother had on the wall, because it fell off the wall and into the trash by accident. They didn't even check to see if she meant to throw away a lovely picture of her husband. Some of mom's clothes have gone missing, and I have to hunt them down, even though I take her laundry home to wash it. It takes FOREVER for someone to come when a resident pushes their call button. Most of the time, the call buttons are out of reach of the residents, so they can't even get help when they need it. Wound care is mediocre at best, and the nurses and cna's are not great. Today, I witnessed a resident choking in the dining room, and I was the only one who went to check on him, even though the room was full of staff. It seems common sense is lacking in this facility, and the only time I am assured my mother is being cared for is when I am there. Unfortunately, I cannot be there 24/7, and it breaks my heart, because I have witnessed some very poor care when I am there. The Harrison seems better than most, but I do NOT feel confident in the care she is receiving there.

DILcares214 January 18, 2015

I am very impressed with the total care my mother-in-law receives. She is very happy and that is the best part. The nurses, aides and management staff KNOW her and this makes my husband happy! I have to say anytime I have met with Gloria or Brenda they have been an enormous help.

Caring95501150 November 11, 2014

The Harrison seems to be fine. They do pretty nice; it’s very clean. My father-in-law has to eat pureed food but the food that the other people have that don’t eat pureed food looks really good. It’s a little expensive, but it fits in with the price of others. The staff seems fine.

Rustynail31 March 26, 2014

MY mother inlaw came in on 3/10 things were going good until 3/14 when they upped her trazadone from 25mg to 100mg After asking them to lower the dose (they Didn't ) she was incoherence for 3 days when I noticed on monday that her fingers and toes were blue. Ended up in the ER same day. It took 8 days to get her back. Gave the harrison another chance she went back on monday 24 we left her at 8:30 pm she was talking ate some dinner got her ready for bed in her pj and left. My husband went back at 8:00am and found her in a diaper and unresponsive. When we asked what happened no one could tell us anything they were all stumped don't. The nurses talk to each other??? Well we are back in the

Suzanne16 January 11, 2014

The nurse at the hospital where my mom was at recommended The Harrison at Heritage. The patients are happy there. I like best that this is a new facility and it doesn't look like a nursing home. It is colorful, cheery and they have good meals. They also treat the patients very well. They're very attentive and they have a full staff. I'm very pleased with them. The staff is very professional and they work for 24 hours.

About Harrison at Heritage

Harrison at Heritage is a nursing home in Fort Worth, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Harrison at Heritage for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Harrison at Heritage