Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley

1 Arbor Terrace, Fenton, MO, 63026

Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley

Caring106753350 May 14, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Delmar Gardens. It is very nice and very clean. The people that work there are very friendly, nice, and very helpful. Some of the rooms are nicer than the others; the one they put her in to be closer to the nurse's desk is smaller and not as nice as the one she had been in before, but I think they are looking to move her again. They have a lot of activities, but she doesn't go to any of them. She is happy with the food.

Wayne16 May 13, 2015

We did find a place for mom. She is staying at Delmar Gardens in Fenton. I knew of it from other friends' parents that stayed there. It is clean, and it smells pretty good. She's only been in there for about two months, but so far so good. So far, I've had no problems with anyone. Everyone's been real friendly and willing to work with me. She is in a shared room, and I would much rather it was a private room, but we just couldn’t afford that. I wouldn't say the room is beautiful, and I wouldn't say it is really spacious, but it is really good and it is clean. The dining area seems clean every time I go in there. My mom said that the food is good, and she likes it. They have Bingo there all the time, and sometimes they'll have someone in playing the piano or something. Also once a week, they go somewhere on a trip. If she is up to it, she can go; they'll go shopping or to different places. Yes, I would recommend it. I like it, and I am happy with it so far. My mom would rather be at home, but since she can't be at home, she is very satisfied.

Caring96414950 November 14, 2014

My mom was at Delmar Gardens for about a month on the rehab side, and I was pleased with the help that she had. Three or four people at the rehab tried to get her to walk. In a way, I guessed she had a lot more attention there than if she would be in an assisted living. It was kept clean, and I didn't have any concerns there. She was in a semi-private room with two beds. She used to play a lot of bingo, however, after rehab she really felt like sleeping in the afternoon, and normally she was ready to go to sleep at 7 o'clock. After supper, she just stayed in a lot -- not because they didn't have any activities -- but because she just wanted to. They did an excellent job in rehab, and they really tried to help. She barely ate anything -- and it was actually true before she got over there -- but they tried to give her shakes and things like that to make up for the fact that she didn't eat.

Bill49 May 31, 2014

My mother was there at Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley for almost a month. It seemed like a fairly decent place. It is very clean. They seemed to be really helpful and friendly. Her room there looked like a hotel room. We chose it because it was closer to the house.

rickinstl November 08, 2012

My grandmother spent the last several months of her life at Delmar Gardens. She had cancer. During her stay, I visited regularly and this added up to a good number of trips to facility in total. The room she was assigned to was meant for two people, but she had it to herself for the length of her stay. It did have one of those curtain dividers to close for privacy, but we didn't need that. The room itself was much like a hospital room, with adjustable bed, TV, one bathroom in total, if I recall correctly. It was clean, but did smell like a hospital, probably from the disinfectants used to keep it clean. The main lobby, when one walked in was very nice, I remember lots of wood and a fireplace. It was a communal area for the residents to gather. I also remember the cafeteria, since I ate there a couple of times when I went to visit my grandmother. Residents were free to sit wherever and with whomever they chose and the food wasn't all that bad. The grounds surrounding Delmar Gardens were very nice, with paths, bridges, a creek and plenty of plantings to make it a nice getaway. My grandmother liked me to push her in her wheelchair around the grounds.

felinia3 September 30, 2011

This nursing home is a well maintained and clean place. the staff is very friendly. however the aides are usually in a rush to get their duties done. they are not the most cleanly, such as hand washing. i have been told that they are short staffed which doesnt make me feel safe leaving a loved one there. also their are some residents there that are unable to communicate or help themselves with anything. i have seen these residents be moved and taken care of but without be talked to or explained what is going on by the nurses or aides.at the meal time i see the aides talking mostly to each other rather than to the residents. i have also noticed that at shift changes they do their rounds and leave regardless of if you have asked them for something such as water etc. my loved one shares a room with a roomate and there have been times where we have been in the room while care is being performed to the roomate and one of the aides will draw the curtain and do her job but at the same time will be talking on a cell phone which i find very disrespectful. overall the place looks and is a nice facility but they lack in certain areas of professionalism.

About Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley

Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley is a nursing home in Fenton, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley