Daleview Care Center

574 Fulton Street, Farmingdale, NY, 11735

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Daleview Care Center

rj February 28, 2012

My 88 father is currently in the Dale View nursing home. He is there for rehab from a hospital stay for a severe leg infection. The home is not large and all patients seem to get the required attention from the staff. My Dad is hard of hearing and legally blind he is also very demanding and set in his ways. He has not had many complaints about his stay so far. He has complained that they bring him breakfast while hes still in bed without his teeth. We have explained that they are on a schedule and do not serve meals based on your demands. He accually understood their position. He has also complained that one of the aids yells at him.Every Monday the families are given an opportunity to discuss thier family members condition with senor staff members.Over all I believe he is getting very good care at this nursing home.

tashie34 January 28, 2012

My uncle stayed at Daleview Nursing Home in Farmingdale NY. I visited him pretty often so I spent a lot of time here. First off it is two separate buildings so some patients are in one building and some in the others. The landscaping and buildings have been renovated and it is beautiful. Inside it is an average looking nursing home. My mother and grandmother both worked here in the past 40 years so I am pretty familiar with the facility. Daleview is a basic nursing home with a not so great staff. A lot of the times they rather spend their time chatting or gossiping about other members of the staff but I guess that is how it works in these types of facilities. The amenities are pretty basic and average. They have some activities for the patients but not that much. My uncle got bed sores quite often because of the nonchalant staff members. The operators are always pleasant. Overall this is an average Nursing Home with nothing special. There are a lot better nursing homes than this one but if you are a local and want to be close to your relative then I guess it will suit your needs.

oldestsister July 27, 2011

During a summer month in 2010 the heat caused the air conditioning to fail on the first day of my mom's 21 days of rehab. At first we couldn't get answers from any of the nursing staff as to the estimated time for repairs; "that's not my job," is the paraphrase of the answers. Of what was about 60 rooms on my 83 year-old mom's rehab side there were just 6 portable air conditioners - and those weren't working half of the time. And of those 6 there was just one (instead of the capacity of 2) people in each of those rooms. Finally we got both the real timeline and a working portable air conditioner from the director of admissions. A caregiver should be able to get both straight answers and the right kind of help from the immediate staff. Empowering them with both abilities makes the time pleasant for everyone. Hopefully, things have changed now at this facility.

About Daleview Care Center

Daleview Care Center is a nursing home in Farmingdale, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Daleview Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Daleview Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335161

Location of Daleview Care Center