Daleview Care Center

Overview of Ratings

3.6

January 28, 2012

By tashie34

My uncle stayed at Daleview Nursing Home in Farmingdale NY. I visited him pretty often so I spent a lot of time here. First off it is two separate buildings so some patients are in one building and some in the others. The landscaping and buildings have been renovated and it is beautiful. Inside it is an average looking nursing home. My mother and grandmother both worked here in the past 40 years so I am pretty familiar with the facility. Daleview is a basic nursing home with a not so great staff. A lot of the times they rather spend their time chatting or gossiping about other members of the staff but I guess that is how it works in these types of facilities. The amenities are pretty basic and average. They have some activities for the patients but not that much. My uncle got bed sores quite often because of the nonchalant staff members. The operators are always pleasant. Overall this is an average Nursing Home with nothing special. There are a lot better nursing homes than this one but if you are a local and want to be close to your relative then I guess it will suit your needs.

July 27, 2011

By oldestsister

During a summer month in 2010 the heat caused the air conditioning to fail on the first day of my mom's 21 days of rehab. At first we couldn't get answers from any of the nursing staff as to the estimated time for repairs; "that's not my job," is the paraphrase of the answers. Of what was about 60 rooms on my 83 year-old mom's rehab side there were just 6 portable air conditioners - and those weren't working half of the time. And of those 6 there was just one (instead of the capacity of 2) people in each of those rooms. Finally we got both the real timeline and a working portable air conditioner from the director of admissions. A caregiver should be able to get both straight answers and the right kind of help from the immediate staff. Empowering them with both abilities makes the time pleasant for everyone. Hopefully, things have changed now at this facility.

Features of Daleview Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Daleview Care Center

Daleview Care Center is a nursing home in Farmingdale, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Daleview Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Daleview Care Center