Heartland of Woodridge

Overview of Ratings

2.6

May 26, 2012

By cathyr0620

I am pretty disappointed with Heartland of Woodridge. A lot of the staff are excellent, aides and physical therapy staff, but there are also a few (aides and nurses) who could certainly improve. My mother has been on strict bed rest because of a non-weight bearing leg. She cannot get up to go to the restroom on her own, so she has to beep the aides to come get her on a bed pan. Most respond very quickly (within ten minutes or so), but there are a handful who continuously make her wait 30 minutes to an hour, or longer...she has accidented on herself several times because of this. She has also had problems with the nurses not giving her her medicines. Most are ok, but one in particular, refuses to just give my mother her medications when they are due, she insists that it's my mothers responsibility to remind her to give them to her (oh and my mother is also in the early stages of dimentia). They've also brought her the wrong pain pills a few times (lower dosage than prescribed). Aside from these few bad eggs, the staff is wonderful! Very friendly and welcoming! The physical therapy staff are amazing! I've sat and watched them interact with a lot of the residents, and they love them all! The only other problem we've had here is the food. On the website they talk about chef prepared meals and special diet needs (one of the reasons we chose this place for my diabetic mother with heart failure). All of the residents seem to get the same food no matter what. We've requested low sodium, no white bread, no sugar, etc, and not one of the requests have been met...they bring what they have and if it's something she isn't supposed to have it's either eat it, go without, or wait for me to bring her something from home. They have a good foundation staff wise, just need to get rid of the few bad eggs and put more care into their patients meals.

June 10, 2008

By PEGGY STOVER

My loved one stayed here

the care my relative received was unjustly neglegent. She is a stroke victim and requires bedpan assistance at night. She was left waiting to get on bedpan any where from 30-45 minutes and had to call her husband after leaving the light on for aide for 45 minutes to have someone remove the pan. After her husband called the nurses station the aides got upset and grabbed her by the arm to roll her over causing excessive bruises to her arm and calling her bedpan baby. I only hope these people need help in their elder years and have to be called name and roughed up as they have my family member.

Features of Heartland of Woodridge

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Heartland of Woodridge

Heartland of Woodridge is a nursing home in Fairfield, OH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland of Woodridge for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heartland of Woodridge