Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

3000 NORTH RIDGE RD., Ellicott City, MD, 21043

Reviews of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

May 18, 2015

By Feagin

I am a patient here. The food is generally bad. Meat is overlooked and is generally unrecognizable. They have recently shown some improvement by serving apples and bananas with some meals. Medical care is poor with limited chances to see the doctors. One doctors visit consisted of the doctor asking me if I was happy with my medications excuse me what medication for what ailment? General health care is poor. With under paid and overworked health aids in charge. It can be frustrating to get changed with some changes taking over two hours. Reasons: aid is talking with other aids, taking care of dialisis patients, going on one half hour breaks. Communications is poor or non existent. Rooms and roommates are not thought out. My current roommate has dementia and keeps me up all night with his yelling. I hope this exposé from the inside will help. As for me I am considering moving to one of the veterans homes.

May 13, 2015

By Pstars

My children's father (under age 50) is in this facility and it has been a total nightmare. He has some paralysis on his right side and speech impairment due to brain injury. He has fallen more than twice and the staff said "Oh he's ok" without accessing him completely, he was complaining about pain. My daughter had to almost threaten to report them before they gave him x-rays, the x-rays came back normal but it was clear he was hurting. He is receiving occupational,speech and physical therapy but we're not seeing a lot of improvement. If he says he doesn't feeli like therapy they just walk away without insisting. He will go hours without being cleaned, diapers remain soiled sometimes till shift changes. I need some referrals for another facility, this place is horrible. 1 star was the lowest rating I was allowed to give.

March 20, 2015

By Joyce107907650

My dad is in Ellicott City Health Care Center because it is the only one that had an opening in the area. Are we pleased with it? No. The care by the nurses and the technicians are awesome. The administration? it was 2 1/2 weeks before the admission doctors contacted us. We never have the meeting of the doctors, the nurses, the physical therapist, nothing. I have requested and I lodged a complaint. Every time someone calls me, they have a different story on where my dad is going or what is happening. It is like there is no record transfer. It is almost laughable, the way the things have gone. The rooms are typical. They are similar to the hospital rooms. The same bed, nightstand, closet areas, and sharing the bathroom with others. The nurse and technicians that he has because my father had dementia, they are awesome with him. They have gone above and beyond with the care and just fooling around with him and just keeping him going with the way his mind is working. He enjoys the food there much better of course than in the hospital. We are there when the meals come. To me it is basic things and nothing extra special. The only thing that they have to keep him active is the physical therapy. There is no exercise room, no TV room, no community room, no dining room -- nothing. The nurses are great, but with the overall facility and the other the staff, it has been a nightmare. For instance, we were there last Monday, and the speech therapist thinks that my dad's dementia is caused by the surgery and blood on his brain. No; he had dementia prior to that. It is like nobody communicates, and they didn't have information. We are supposed to have a group meeting with the doctors, the nurses, and the physical therapist. I asked for it 3 times -- even writing an email. When we go there and talk to him, he looks as us like he never heard of it. We have never talked to a doctor; however, the nurses are great with him. However, they have very limited information. They have very bad communication.

October 30, 2014

By ThereseRose

My mom is currently staying at this facility. The nurse who usually cares for her is great. The other nurses are rude and disrespectful. And there is definetly lack of communication with the social worker. And the social worker doesn't seem to care about the patients at the facility. He wasen't interested in listening to my moms concerns. And the nurses and CNA's seem overwhelmed. And they leave dirty medical equipment in rooms or bathrooms. It's not really a great place to let you're parent stay at!

October 27, 2014

By FedUpWithNursingHomes

The staff are slow to respond to the residents needs. You have to contact outside assistance to get the management involved in your concerns with family care. The place smells of urine not properly cleaned. Medication is either not given at all or not given on time. If your familiy member leaves due to an emergeny and admitted into the hospital, not ONE staff member will reach out to ensure they are ok. The nurse/patient ratio is HORRIBLE. The Administrator is rude and does not care about the patients but only about filling beds for money. This place is not meant for animals or humans.

August 11, 2014

By Griffiyn

My mother stayed 2weeks in this facility. Communication is a big problem. Responding to patient needs is very slow. Some were very friendly and others had severe attitude problems. The food was great and served warmed but medications were not always given in a timely manner. Physical therapy was excellent.

Features of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Ellicott City, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center