Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

3000 NORTH RIDGE RD., Ellicott City, MD, 21043

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

Joyce107907650 March 20, 2015

My dad is in Ellicott City Health Care Center because it is the only one that had an opening in the area. Are we pleased with it? No.

The care by the nurses and the technicians are awesome. The administration? it was 2 1/2 weeks before the admission doctors contacted us. We never have the meeting of the doctors, the nurses, the physical therapist, nothing. I have requested and I lodged a complaint. Every time someone calls me, they have a different story on where my dad is going or what is happening. It is like there is no record transfer. It is almost laughable, the way the things have gone.

The rooms are typical. They are similar to the hospital rooms. The same bed, nightstand, closet areas, and sharing the bathroom with others.

The nurse and technicians that he has because my father had dementia, they are awesome with him. They have gone above and beyond with the care and just fooling around with him and just keeping him going with the way his mind is working. He enjoys the food there much better of course than in the hospital. We are there when the meals come. To me it is basic things and nothing extra special. The only thing that they have to keep him active is the physical therapy. There is no exercise room, no TV room, no community room, no dining room -- nothing.

The nurses are great, but with the overall facility and the other the staff, it has been a nightmare. For instance, we were there last Monday, and the speech therapist thinks that my dad's dementia is caused by the surgery and blood on his brain. No; he had dementia prior to that. It is like nobody communicates, and they didn't have information. We are supposed to have a group meeting with the doctors, the nurses, and the physical therapist. I asked for it 3 times -- even writing an email. When we go there and talk to him, he looks as us like he never heard of it. We have never talked to a doctor; however, the nurses are great with him. However, they have very limited information. They have very bad communication.

ThereseRose October 30, 2014

My mom is currently staying at this facility. The nurse who usually cares for her is great. The other nurses are rude and disrespectful. And there is definetly lack of communication with the social worker. And the social worker doesn't seem to care about the patients at the facility. He wasen't interested in listening to my moms concerns. And the nurses and CNA's seem overwhelmed. And they leave dirty medical equipment in rooms or bathrooms. It's not really a great place to let you're parent stay at!

FedUpWithNursingHomes October 27, 2014

The staff are slow to respond to the residents needs. You have to contact outside assistance to get the management involved in your concerns with family care. The place smells of urine not properly cleaned. Medication is either not given at all or not given on time. If your familiy member leaves due to an emergeny and admitted into the hospital, not ONE staff member will reach out to ensure they are ok. The nurse/patient ratio is HORRIBLE. The Administrator is rude and does not care about the patients but only about filling beds for money. This place is not meant for animals or humans.

Griffiyn August 11, 2014

My mother stayed 2weeks in this facility. Communication is a big problem. Responding to patient needs is very slow. Some were very friendly and others had severe attitude problems. The food was great and served warmed but medications were not always given in a timely manner. Physical therapy was excellent.

About Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Ellicott City, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Ellicott City Health & Rehabilitation Center