Life Care Center of Elkhorn | Nursing Home

20275 HOPPER STREET, Elkhorn, NE, 68022

Reviews of Life Care Center of Elkhorn | Nursing Home

resident advocate April 08, 2014

I spent a lot of time at this facility. Very disappointing. Luckily I was able to be the advocate for my mother. No real "care plan" was ever addressed. Does anyone know if bath aide truly gives resident a bath? Are nurses too busy to answer call lights when CNA's in another room? Are medicines given out when admitted reviewed at any time? Turn over rate seemed high to me. 5 employees left in our 9 weeks period. Food was less than desirable and served cold at times. Eyes rolled at me when offered a concern. Shift 1 did not know how to answer question from shift 3, general response, "I wasn't on that shift". Not having computers to assemble all info made it hard for nurses to know goings on from other shifts. I would not recommend this facility.

Caring79084150 March 31, 2014

The main complaint about Life Care Center was the food wasn't really good. It wasn't kept warm enough, and they didn't have enough servers to serve the people. They got the food over from the main kitchen, which was in the same building, and there's only one person putting the food on the plates. So if you were toward the end of the line, your food wasn't warm anymore.

I think the physical therapy part was good. Mom did seem to like the people. I think the dismissal stuff was a little bit flawed because we were told that she would be dismissed on a certain day. We were in a rush to get her ready, and then they said they didn't have the form that she was going to be dismissed. I had spoken to them the day before, and they were able to get all the signatures on there, and we just assumed that was what was going to happen.

I would have liked to have known more about what drugs they had Mom on, what was transferred over from the hospital, and later I found out all these things that she was on that there was no reason for her to be on, and I didn't know enough to inquire about that.

9415 May 08, 2012

The nurses were very caring but overworked. Half of the CNAs were very attentive, half getting a paycheck. There were often long waits in response to a call light. Resident in wheelchair taken to meals early and had to wait to be returned to room. Activities director was good, hands on and took a personal interest in the resident.

About Life Care Center of Elkhorn

Life Care Center of Elkhorn is a nursing home in Elkhorn, NE that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of Elkhorn for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Life Care Center of Elkhorn

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Life Care Center of Elkhorn