Life Care Center of Elkhorn | Nursing Home

20275 HOPPER STREET, Elkhorn, NE, 68022

Reviews of Life Care Center of Elkhorn | Nursing Home

uddasister May 17, 2014

My mom was at this facility for a short time. We had her moved because of the following. Within 24 hrs they had put my mom in diapers because they can't answer their call lights in time. My mom does not wear diapers, so as you can imagine it is very demeaning. My mom told me that the aides would come in and turn off her call light and tell her that she was not their patient, and would send her aide. Or they would turn off the call light and tell her it was not their area, and they would send someone. So in other words, for inspection purposes it will look like call lights are answered in a timely manner, when they are only being turned off! When I visited, it was 2:30 in the afternoon and my mom had warm water in her cup. I asked the med aide in the hall where I could get ice. She didn't offer to get any or have anyone do it for me. She directed me across the bldg to an ice machine. Then when I got to it wasn't working. I then went to the nurses station to ask for help, and there was ice and water right behind their station, which was right down the hall from my mom's room! When we first entered this facility to visit we were a bit lost, and nobody asked if they could help us, nobody smiled or even said hello. Upon leaving, we passed nursing staff in the hall, none of them could even smile. This facility was very disappointing, and we removed my mom within a week of her arrival.

resident advocate April 08, 2014

I spent a lot of time at this facility. Very disappointing. Luckily I was able to be the advocate for my mother. No real "care plan" was ever addressed. Does anyone know if bath aide truly gives resident a bath? Are nurses too busy to answer call lights when CNA's in another room? Are medicines given out when admitted reviewed at any time? Turn over rate seemed high to me. 5 employees left in our 9 weeks period. Food was less than desirable and served cold at times. Eyes rolled at me when offered a concern. Shift 1 did not know how to answer question from shift 3, general response, "I wasn't on that shift". Not having computers to assemble all info made it hard for nurses to know goings on from other shifts. I would not recommend this facility.

Caring79084150 March 31, 2014

The main complaint about Life Care Center was the food wasn't really good. It wasn't kept warm enough, and they didn't have enough servers to serve the people. They got the food over from the main kitchen, which was in the same building, and there's only one person putting the food on the plates. So if you were toward the end of the line, your food wasn't warm anymore.

I think the physical therapy part was good. Mom did seem to like the people. I think the dismissal stuff was a little bit flawed because we were told that she would be dismissed on a certain day. We were in a rush to get her ready, and then they said they didn't have the form that she was going to be dismissed. I had spoken to them the day before, and they were able to get all the signatures on there, and we just assumed that was what was going to happen.

I would have liked to have known more about what drugs they had Mom on, what was transferred over from the hospital, and later I found out all these things that she was on that there was no reason for her to be on, and I didn't know enough to inquire about that.

9415 May 08, 2012

The nurses were very caring but overworked. Half of the CNAs were very attentive, half getting a paycheck. There were often long waits in response to a call light. Resident in wheelchair taken to meals early and had to wait to be returned to room. Activities director was good, hands on and took a personal interest in the resident.

About Life Care Center of Elkhorn

Life Care Center of Elkhorn is a nursing home in Elkhorn, NE that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of Elkhorn for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Life Care Center of Elkhorn

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 285134

Location of Life Care Center of Elkhorn