East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1900 Jeanwood Dr, Elkhart, IN, 46514

Reviews of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

garnett October 30, 2012

I have had basically good experiences with this facilty, nothing is perfect. They are pretty much hands on and the patients dont wait too long for care. I have had experiences where as they say they will do something like go get the patient a bandaid for example and you never see them again, but these are the exceptions not the rule. the nurses for the most part seem caring, some treat it like a job and you can tell and others genuinely care. I would recommend the facility to others they do try to keep the patients involved and active they have a rehab area and they have daily events for the residence, I do sense there is a lot of caring people at this facility. This establishment began in 1988 so it has been around quite a long time.

togomalik August 17, 2011

Not enough staff with the number of seniors that were there when I visited. Took nurses awhile to respond to a senior that had their light on. Other than that place was clean, friendly atmosphere, good activities for the seniors. Did not see an activities board that allowed the seniors to plan ahead but I might of missed it?

plutoms July 31, 2011

My grandmother has to stay in this miserable place and it makes me feel terrible. Every time I go to see her I grow to hate the place more and more. The staff is most of the time not around, they don't help out with much when the residents need it. They have beeping devices that go off if someone leaves a bed or their wheel chair. I heard one going off for 5-10 minutes, I left before I could notice anyone go in there and help the person out. From what I've seen they barely help the residents with going to the bathroom if they need to, or being put in bed. It's really a shot in the dark if anyone is going to be available to help. My grandma is allergic to peanuts, the cooking staff gave her a PEANUT butter cookie that she ended up eating half of before she noticed it was peanut butter. It says right on the slip of paper that comes with her meal that she is allergic to peanuts. Luckily she didn't have a very bad reaction to it. It wasn't the first time this has happened either, just the first time she actually ate it. We're there most of the time when she gets dinner, so we can tell if the cookie is peanut butter or not. Just so happened to get there late this time. The person who's usually at the nurse's station is very very rude and almost always looks as if she hates being there. One of the people at the front desk is also sometimes very rude. I've also seen bruising on my grandma that she claims was because the staff weren't careful, now she has some dementia so I don't know if that's true or not, but if so they need to be more careful. She has also claimed to have things stolen from her and my dad has said himself that she had 20 dollars that went missing one day. They're okay at providing certain things for her, like towels, bibs, pillows, blankets, etc. Their rooms are decently sized and don't feel too crowded. The bathrooms are also pretty nice, basic, but nice. This place would be great if it weren't for the staff, they ruin this place for me.

From East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Caring people make the difference at East Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. You can feel it the minute you walk into our community and meet our staff. They are experts at senior healthcare who are not just doing a job, but following a calling. They are here to help you and your family find answers, solutions and peace of mind. In fact, they become an extension of your family. Accepting Medicare, Managed Care and Private Insurances, our specialists will help you understand your benefits.We also accept Medicaid and are available to help with the application process!Call and ask for a member of our admissions team for more information or stop by and visit. We look forward to serving you!

Features of East Lake Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Housing Extra: We Offer Private And Semi Private Accommodations.

• Features Extra: Premier Services Include: Moving Forward Rehabilitation, Auguste's Cottage Memory Care, Skilled Nursing Services, Long Term Care, Respite, Hospice

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Offer 24 Hour Nursing Care.

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: