Payment

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Life Care Center of Banner Elk

Posted by Caring88895750 January 16, 2015

I just couldn't manage my daughter, and Life Care was suggested to me by another facility. It is very comfortable, very pleasant, and rather new. The staff could not be better, and I'm just really pleased. She is in a private room, and she has got a view of the mountains outside. She has a nice flat screen TV on the wall and just a comfortable room. If she gets out of the bed, the alarm goes off. She is near the nurses' station, and they just come running if the alarm goes off. The food is good, and she is mostly on a puree diet now. They have bingo and lots of other interactive things like that. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. This is a Christian organization. Everybody has such a great attitude, and the director and nurses are just fabulous. They have different churches and groups come.

Posted by Darlene4 December 31, 2012
3.0

They took care of my mother there and everything but the it's more like a hospital type of thing. The staff was great. It's just that they have so much on their plate. They have their hands full. They have people there that are really really in a bad shape. My mom is still mobile. She has Alzheimer's but she's still mobile. She can have conversation still. They did take care of her there but it's just a different situation. It's just a dark and very gloomy place. She was afraid there. I feel like she is not a fit with Life Care.

Posted by APPWorks November 19, 2011
4.0

My grandfather has been in Life Care of Banner Elk for 3 years. He couldnt be happier. The staff treat him with total respect and are always there to provide him with any assistance he needs. The nurses are calm in serious situations and very helpful and knowledgable based of of my questions and experience. My grandfather is very happy but complains that there are a few nurses who dont really change his bed pan out as often as they should. I think that the staff should do more screening and require more qualification for employees to ensure a more insured wellbeing of residents like my grandfather. Other than this complaint, his linens and clothes are always fresh and he never seems to have any other problems. Overall, i would recommend Life Care of Banner Elk.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 345203

Health
4.0
Overall
3.0
Quality