Tockwotton on the Waterfront | Nursing Home

500 Waterfront Drive, East Providence, RI, 02914

Reviews of Tockwotton on the Waterfront | Nursing Home

beanq November 20, 2014

Tockwotton home is a very deceiving place, it is absolutely beautiful on the oitside as wwll as in, but once you realize what goes on in the inside and how understaffed u will see it all. There is never a nurse when needed or always on the other side. Know respect for there workers which makes the workers miserable and unappreciated

phufnag July 08, 2013

I am a daughter of someone who recently stayed at Tockwotton after a knee replacement. My mother didn't stay long, but I hope this review will help others who are evaluating facilities. Overall, I would say the facility looks great on the outside, but it is rather thin on the quality of care. The biggest issue is there is not enough help. Luckily my mother didn't need a lot of help but it would make me think twice for future needs. I believe there were only 2 aides for the entire floor. When I was there and my mother needed assistance to go to the bathroom after surgery, the aid never came 3 out of 4 times. There is no intercom or central switch board, so how do they know if it is an emergency or not? I would suggest to management they figure out a way to measure this proactively because at this point, there is no feedback loop to measure if patients calls are getting answered or not. My mother called once when she was in the bathroom and it wasn't an emergency, but they didn't come for 1/2 hour. The aids are the kitchen help so that makes it very difficult during meal time when they are delivering meals, but also doing dishes and helping people in their rooms. I heard people crying from their rooms asking for help while I was there which didn't make me feel good. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The facility is new and seemed very clean. The rehab staff was fantastic and gave my mother great support and a lot of dedicated time 7 days/week. I was impressed with that. I also had an issue with the Doctor on staff who is only there for a short period of time but was not reachable by the nursing staff and had not okayed a course of treatment with my mother's surgeon. I had to escalate and it was not easy to get someone to help. I think if the person doesn't need medical help or help in general it is a good place. The staff were all very nice to my mother but the management needs to increase the quality of care.

From Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Tockwotton on the Waterfront provides greater Providence and all of Rhode Island with a variety of services designed to meet the changing needs of older adults and their families. We are a senior living community providing uncompromising quality and comfortable surroundings. Superior senior care is delivered by trusted professionals, and aging is celebrated as a vibrant stage of life. Tockwotton On the Waterfront: where superior senior care meets waterfront elegance. We invite you to learn more about our exemplary senior living opportunities today.

Features of Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: