Riverside Rest Home

276 Country Farm Road, Dover, NH, 03820

Reviews of Riverside Rest Home

SusyQDoris February 28, 2012

The staff and nurses were incredibly caring towards the patients. I saw how they were acting towards other patients even with out their families there. It made me feel like the patients were well cared for and they showed them a great deal of respect. I have been to places where the patients were basically ignored. My mom has been a resident in this nursing home for quite a while now, and we have never had a problem with them. They call us occasionally when they need to know anything, or if there is any changes what so ever in her health. I couldn't have asked for better or more caring people to spend their days with my mom. I feel like we have an extended family caring for her, as we know old of the regular scheduled staff on each shift. They make it a point also to introduce any new members to their unit, which is very touching and outstanding.

Seth1 November 17, 2011

Situated across from the county court house, Riverside Rest Home was once known as the poor farm for low income elderly. It is also connected to Strafford County House of Corrections. Over the years, improvements have been made. Riverside has an Alzheimer's unit that is locked down for residents losing their memory. Other units are set up in blacks with about twenty rooms to a unit. Each of the rooms has two residents, and there is a nurses station at the end of each hallway. Lounge area's did appear available to residents, and at the time of my visit some were outside enjoying the fresh air. An activities department also works to create tasks for residents of different skill sets. Overall, I would give Riverside three stars. The best part about the place is the cafeteria. The food was good, and there was a spacious area to lounge and interact with loved one's. The price is affordable to most low income elderly, and should be considered a person with a need for assisted living.

love u gram September 30, 2011

My Grandmother was a resident at this county facility for sixteen years. She had colon cancer which wasn't diagnosed until her death. At times she would eat popcorn or certain foods that would cause explosive diarrhea and pain. I witnessed many occasions where the staff was extremely busy and would have to stop to assist in the clean-up. My Gram was a proud woman and I was protective of maintaining her dignity as well. I must say, overall, the caregivers worked hard to extend kindness, compassion and emotional support during very stressful situations. In my opinion these folks are everyday heroes !

Caring233310 July 29, 2011

Riverside is a very good place to have your relative go for extended care. The staff treats every client like family many times doing the little extra but special things. They provide many different types of activities and try to include anyone who can enjoy the experience. We have staff and case worker reviews periodically to share ideas and change the care plan as needed. We have been totally happy with Riverside in the 16 mos. our family member has been there.

About Riverside Rest Home

Riverside Rest Home is a nursing home in Dover, NH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Riverside Rest Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Riverside Rest Home

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Riverside Rest Home