St Cabrini Nursing Home

115 BROADWAY, Dobbs Ferry, NY, 10522

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of St Cabrini Nursing Home

review123 September 24, 2015

Mother-in-law was in for rehbailitation several times. Previous time, she was left on the toilet with no one around to help her. No joke! We pushed the call button to get her help to the bathroom. She was placed on the toilet seat and left there!!! When she was crying out in pain, I went outside of her room to try to find the lady that put her on the toilet. She was nowhere to be found. Walked around the hall for several minutes. Finally found the lady that helped my mother-in-law, I told her that my mother-in-law was done and was in bad pain. She threw her hands up and said, don't you know I have other patients. I said, fine, I'll take care of her myself and grabbed some gloves. At that point, she helped me. Another time, I visited at dinner, and my mother-in-law was in the TV room. She was sitting by herself. All the other residents were at the dinner table. Asked her if she ate and she said no. If you are a relative, you HAVE to be a constant presence here. Always visit and be an advocate for your loved one. They can get forgotten here. This is not the greatest rehab. Practical and useful skills, such as getting in and out of bed and getting up to go to the bathroom should be worked on. if you can get your loved one in Burke, go there.

Cheryl102945950 April 30, 2015

My dad went to St Cabrini for rehab. The rehab folks were pretty good in physical therapy. The regular aides were not as thorough as we would have liked in communication so it was a little lacking. I got more response talking with the head of rehab on his progress. I think the social worker could have done a better job coordinating with the nurses. My father never complained about the food and the place was clean.

ahsford ave September 10, 2014

This place is awful. Especially the lower two levels. Nursing staff is awful. Poor Grandmother who was there had 6 UTI's in 4 months. We had to BEG to get her urine tested each time. Grandma can't/won't drink water. They don't allow a bottle of water in her room. No one makes sure the residents are hydrated and eat properly. Patient confidentiality is a joke. When I've complained of other residents who are bothersome to my Grandma, they reply "we'll be drugging him/her soon" DO NOT PUT A LOVED ONE HERE unless its for short term rehab. DONT ALLOW ELDERLY LOVED ONES HERE, unless you don't love your elderly relatives.

MargaritaM. August 24, 2014

WOW! I entered St. Cabrini to rehab my knee after a total knee replacement. From day 1 the staff was great, especially the Physical Therapy department. The nurses were very attentive, always making sure to manage my pain control. Whenever I called for pain meds, after giving me my meds they would come back 1/2 hour later to make sure I had some relief. If I didn't they would contact the doctor(who seemed to be always available) & be back less than 10 mins later with something stronger. The food, which surprised me, was actually not bad at all. Plus the portions were such that you were never hungry. When I didn't eat because I did not like what was brought to me, I would go to the coffee shop & get whatever I wanted. The fact that the facility had a coffee shop on the premises blew my mind! The nurses aides were so great. Obviously I couldn't walk when I first arrived. The aides would answer the call button very quickly. If it was for bedpan duties, the aides NEVER made me feel humiliated, which was my biggest fear. That whole bedpan thing, in my opinion, is the most undignified & humiliating experience for anyone. And at 60 yrs of age you don't want anyone cleaning your privates. Yet the aides made the whole experience more tolerable.they were really great. The physical therapy dept is the best. My estimated length of stay was 3 weeks. I went from not being able to take 1 step to being discharged in 6 days! They work you, yet not to the point of torturing you. The PT dept, I truly believe, is the best anywhere. This was my 2nd knee replacement. I was at a different facility for the 1st surgery, and at that other facility my PT for 3 weeks all they did was work my arms. According to the PT staff my arms needed to be stronger in order to use a walker or wheelchair. Not once did they rehab my knee and when I questioned why the only answer I rcv'd was that that was they way they PT'd you. After 3 weeks, I signed myself out. So I was expecting the worse at St. Cabrini and surprisingly, they were awesome. So awesome that I was out of there in 6 days. If you're considering rehab after joint replacent, St. Cabrini is the place to go. Before you leave there, the after-care manager, Kim, will make sure you will be covered for all services. I loved this place and if I ever have to do rehab again for any reason, I am definitely going to St. Cabrini.

EdithQ October 18, 2013

I just arrived home, from a 12 day rehab, for my hip surgery. St. Cabrini nursing/rehab proved to be a excellent choice! The entire staff was awesome! the kitchen, janitorial, therapist , nurses assistant, nurses, P.A. Dr. All deserve kudos! Initially, I was quite apprehensive about receiving my rehab at a nursing home. when I was transported to this facility, I was extremely impressed not only with the grounds but with the cleanliness and the Parrots, river views , and lovely decks made it complete. They treat all patients kindly and with respect! Keep up the great work! Highly recommend.

Anywherebuthere May 20, 2013

this place is terrible, it looks beautiful but the nursing staff are so terrible it makes this place a death trap. Nurses won't answer the call button, doctors will write an order out and the nurses won't do it unless you're on their back. This place is a death trap

itsashame1 March 10, 2013

Innatetive nursing, incompetent doctor and total lack of regrd for patient safety - I was shocked considering the facility had such a good reputation.

janymak November 20, 2012

My grandmother was a resident there. I would visit her monthly and then I began to volunteer at tuesday night bingo there. The residents were very happy and the facilities were spectacular. Everything was clean and they did their best in order to keep the residents happy. They did a good job, too, because many of the residents greatly enjoyed being there

Kathryn Nelson August 12, 2011

Beautiful location overlooking the Hudson River. There are very nice grounds and a lovely view for the residents. But the nursing care leaves much to be desired. Inattentive and rude. It could be a great facility, but they really need to improve their nursing staff.

About St Cabrini Nursing Home

St Cabrini Nursing Home is a nursing home in Dobbs Ferry, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Cabrini Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St Cabrini Nursing Home

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335383
  • Ownership Type Non Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 304