Devon Manor | Nursing Home

235 W Lancaster Ave, Devon, PA, 19333

Reviews of Devon Manor | Nursing Home

Family concerned August 26, 2015

This place is abysmal at best. It is dirty and there were ants in the room. There are no side rails on the beds and they really don't watch patients at all. My mom was screaming for the nurses and pressing the call button and no one came for over thirty minutes. They are rude and curt with family and patients. I would not send my worst enemy to this facility. DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY

Baron123 May 15, 2015

I am a daughter of a skilled nursing resident who has been at Devon Manor for less than one week. It has not been going well. The nurses seem generally unconcerned about patient care. None of them even interacts with families. They seem more interested in talking with each other behind the desk. My main concern that it has been impossible to call the facility to check on my mom. I have called, I just counted, 12 times in the past two days, and I have NEVER once had a nurse pick up the phone. All times throughout the day, afternoon, evening, etc. The main secretary/operator just doesn't pick up about 30% of the time. Then if I do get transferred to the line for the nurses station, then the phone just rings forever. My mom is usually too sick to pick up her phone, so there is no way to check on her or speak to her when I'm not visiting. I've shared my concerns with staff and administrators and they seem totally unconcerned. This just seems to be their general culture. I am a professional who works in about 15-20 local continuing care retirement communities in the area. I will never let one of my family stay here again.

maryditt January 20, 2015

My mother was in Devon Manor for one week. In that week, she was severely dehydrated twice. The second time, she was rushed to the hospital and died one week later. The staff was informed that she had Alzheimer's and could not eat or drink by herself. They did not make sure she ate or got enough fluids. They also did not make sure her medication was swallowed. He tongue was constantly covered in medication that was not washed down with water. I would never recommend Devon Manor to anyone. I believe my mother's stay here hastened her death.

Caring94583850 October 16, 2014

We looked at Devon Manor first, and it was nice. It was very acceptable, and we were very impressed. I think we would have taken this place if they had an opening, but they didn't. It was small and very friendly. My mother came from a small town in Kansas, and it seemed to be more in line with what we were looking for. They had an arts and craft room, physical therapy, and a number of games.

mlcg1216 July 23, 2014

Do no place your family member in this institution, even just for rehab.. Let alone as a caring facility. The Nurses would ignore the patients... Even when I would go get them for assistnace, they acted like I was bothering them. Therapy was very limited and so was the time. The other part of the day they left my parent in the bed or in a wheelchair with peolpe who could not talk and needed full time care unlike my father. They would only take the food orders on certain days so if you came mid week you were out of luck you got what the other person had ordered. The Drs. were no where to be found. The nurses would ignore you. We came here twice due to insurance reasons. and thought maybe the first time was just unusual.. No and I have talked to several others who have had the same experiences. Never again.

About Devon Manor

Devon Manor is a nursing home in Devon, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Devon Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Devon Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Devon Manor