We loved Monoco! My father went there for his rehab stay from a stroke and received excellent care. The staff were very knowledgable and friendly. Our family was so happy with the care they provided. I love how welcoming they made my dad feel.
Do not put your loved ones at Monaco parkway H & R Ctr!
My father was transferred their late evening from a good hospital after being treated with radiation for a spinal tumor. Upon arrival, I had to interrupt staff from chit-chatting. I told the CNA that my father was expected here and needed help getting him out of the car because he is not able to walk. She followed me to the car and began to lift him and got frustrated when I stopped her and AGAIN told her that he could not walk, she rolled her eyes and said why didn't you say so... duh???? When he left the hospital, he was able to walk the distance of a block with a walker. After 1.5 weeks at Monaco parkway the following issues had developed:
- No longer able to hold his own weight.
- Developed SEVERE bedsores (which the nurses denied what they were),
-swollen lower extremities,
-loss of appetite/rapid weight loss 10 lbs.,
- No mental stimulation,
-loss of bowels (due to lack of assistance after using help button)
- not encouraged to eat, just dropped tray off and picked up hrs later. (there was a dinning room just down the hall, never offered to take him there)
-Was told he would get at least 3 hrs of therapy per day, received about 20-25 minutes per day.
- Just left in his room for hours at a time, without checking on him.
- No communication from attending doctor- took 3 days for the "on-call" doctor to return my call.
-Nurses lost his medical chart,
- tending staff did not know what medications my father had been given, nor did they know what meds he was due.
- when called the nurse to ask for his pain medication- an hour later a relative had to go track down the nurse to inquire about the status, Nurse stated "oh, I forgot", so suffered for over an hour.
-Father seemed lethargic (possibly due to lack of proper med regimen).
- Medical staff not reading the discharge notes/medical history- not knowing what they were treating. (Ex: father lost sight in one eye due to a staff infection and takes 2 x/daily eye medications. They thought he had Cataracts, obviously did not read is history!
I finally removed him and took him to an ER, where he was admitted. Hospital confirmed the sever Bedsores and stated that they could have been prevented if provided mobility!!!
BEWARE OF THIS FACILITY... DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE THERE... YOU WIL REGRET IT!
Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Denver, CO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.
Features of Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center
Medicare Provider Number
Location of Monaco Parkway Health and Rehabilitation Center