Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur

2722 NORTH DECATUR ROAD, Decatur, GA, 30033

Reviews of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur

upset child May 15, 2015

I am a relative and friend My mother was found limp and hanging out of bed and halfway on the floor. She was delusional and just not to herself. Her wound was not cleaned properly. The day after mother's day 2015 my mom was taken to the ER she was losing blood, had a fever, sugar was high, and her surgery wound was infected. My mom had to have two blood transfusions. A family friend is there and within the first month fell and busted his head and had to get stitches every time. After that he has suffered a stroke. They put him in a wheelchair with a helmet on his head and sit him in the hall all day. His health has gotten worse since he has been there. The busted head could have been avoided if they would have checked on him more often. He fell trying to get to the bathroom. The staff just don't do their jobs.

NSL May 04, 2015

Please do not send your loved ones to Manor Care. My father was sent to Manor Care in Decatur for rehab after surgery for a broken hip. We were never happy with his care. We noticed almost immediately that he was going downhill. When we asked the staff, we were always told that he was fine the last time they had checked on him. We finally took our concerns to the Director of Nursing, she said they would do some tests. His home health care nurse thru his insurance went by to check on him, when she involved, things started happening. He was taken to Emory and his diagnosis was kidney failure, low blood pressure, low heart rate, and extremely dehydrated. After 10 days in Emory he is on the road to recovery. Please do not send your loved ones to Manor Care.

Caring105934850 February 12, 2015

My brother is in Manor Care for his rehabilitation, and he has been there for a little over two months. Before I put him in that facility, he was mobile and walking around. He is an elderly man. He is 67 years old, and he has been totally blind for the last 12 years, but he still lives by himself, cooks, cleans and so forth. Since he has been in that rehab after his operation, he hasn't been mobile at all. Right now, they have a month for discharge, and they are unable to discharge him because he doesn't have a plan B meaning they don't have a place to send him when he is discharged. I do have great hope in that rehabilitation center because of the initial conversation before I moved my brother, but I have to say since the time that he has been in there until now, he has not progressed. Not one-step.

However, he has a clean semi-private room where he has a roommate. They do keep it up pretty clean. It is spacious enough for two people. It does have its own bathroom plus washer, sink, television, and telephone. I am under the interpretation that the staff is doing their job on a professional level as far as I can see, but I don't know what is going on when I am not there and my brother tells me that they are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. I think they need a little bit more tactfulness in performing their duty.

Danl1 February 10, 2015

ManorCare Rehab Center is good facility as they are helping my mom get back her life. They showed interest and care as well as they help her through rehab. I was really impressed with the facility. Their bathrooms are very clean, and there's no noxious smell or anything. They seemed to be really organized. The staff are quick and nice. It’s not the most luxurious and up-to-date facility, but it's clean. They have an internet café for their residents.

lioness34 October 14, 2012

One thing I noticed about this facility is the lack of the sense or urgency the workers have there. A lot of them just go about their day as if they don't have a care in the world. I understand that the residents are elderly, need assistance and are expected to move at a slower pace, but I was just really surprised to see the workers moving at almost an even slower pace. Another thing I noted was the lack of professionalism displayed in some of the front desk workers. The particular day I visited, I had an opportunity to hear talk that I thought was very inappropriate for the workplace. What's more is that the conversation took place in the common area where everyone passing could hear.Overall, I was pleased with the level of care my loved one receive while she was there, but it was really a turn off at how the attendants really took their time to do anything at all. I didn't like the level of professionalism and I really wish they could improve upon it. The facility itself was very clean.

About Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur

Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur is a nursing home in Decatur, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Decatur