Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center

March 15, 2011

By mike626

stay away

I was a patient from 10/2010 ti 2/2011. While there they gave me another patients med's, the wrong dosage and when my blood pressure was 70/50 they tried to give me my blood pressure med without checking my pressure. Several times they wrote down my blood pressure without even taking it (they must by psychic). The staff will pick up silverware from the floor and give it back to the patient. When dealing with the business manager you must get EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING in writing. If she tells you something has been done or is pending make her prove it. When she screws up, and she does, she blames it on lack of working with a particular insurance company or a misunderstanding. When you tell her that something has not been done she says that you do not know what you are doing and that she is the expert with years of experience. She treats patients like simpletons and then show a concern that I find very fake. She says that she will look into helping with the problem that she caused and then just does nothing. When you take a serious problem to the Director of Nursing you get the results. All talk and no action. As I stated on more then one occassion I was either given another patients meds, the wrong doseage or a med that could cause great harm to me at that time. All of this was reported to the DON and I was told it would not happen again but it did time and again. The quality of the staff is based on which shift they are on. The shifts that do not have senior management around are not that great. They know they have no one around to watch them and I believe they feel that if a complaint is forwarded that it will be glossed over. Overall this place lacks leadership and commitment to the patients.

Features of Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center

Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Daytona Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Coastal Health And Rehabilitation Center