Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center

1350 S Nova Rd, Daytona Beach, FL, 32114

Reviews of Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center

G Edwards August 09, 2016

My Mom is on her second stay here, the Nurses and CNA are very nice .....Rehab area is spacious and easy to move around and team working in there very positive to keep their patients going. The Food when it finds your room not so much....Mom was checked in on a Thursday they didn't get her into the system supposedly till Sunday/Monday morn....they didn't bring her dinner or breakfast when called what they brought her was a joke. Then a week later on a Sunday the entire wing for rehab wasn't served dinner at all......really now come on I wish i was kidding.....when they finally brought something in for them it was just a cold grilled cheese sandwhich and nothing else.....I was there and saw it with my own eyes....If you get a hamburger you better not like anything on it for their words are we don't give condiments to put on hamburgers ITS DRY.... Not sure who is in the kitchen but in my opinion they need to get out....thank goodness i love my mom and bring her in a balanced meal to eat......amazing what they call a balanced meal......no salt no pepper no condiments of any kind......NO FLAVOR......very sad that the food doesn't meet with quality of a healthy recovery.

Dis guies July 06, 2016

I too was a guest at Carton Shores. I say guest because that is exactly the way I felt there. the food is almost gourmet. Saying like sautéed mushrooms for one that's Thanks to the Head Cook stopping by the Dining Room Tables for feed back from the dinners good or bad I requested Keylime pie and when the new menu came out, the choice for dessert included Keylime Pie. Their Physical Therapy is top notch. They have a lot of therapist. They have a Machine called Zero Gravity Treadmill it lifts you up to a lever that you can walk without putting weight on your hips. I was able to walk up to a half hour without stopping something I haven't done in 30yrs.

Lynn322 November 21, 2015

I have been to Carlton Shores for rehab. The staff are always nice and the therapy is top notch. The only reason I have given it a four out of five stars is due to the food.It can be better.but overall this place is nice. I would highly recommend it.

Anonymous110606550 June 30, 2015

I visited Carlton Shores (Greystone). It was very clean. The food was OK there I guess. They had exercise classes, puzzles, and movies.

nanadb November 05, 2014

I was scared to go to a nursing home for rehab but when I got to Carlton Shores I was really suprised and relieved. The nurses were just so nice and the therapy was just the best. I can not tell you how much going to Calrton Shores did for me. Even the food was good, better than Halifax.

Bb1927 October 14, 2014

I was at Carlton Shores for 3 weeks after my surgery and it was great! I was nervous at first but on the first night I was welcomed and from then on it was wonderful! My nurses and aides were so lovely and always getting me all I needed. But the best part was therapy, they are the best in Daytona Beach! Great facility!

Knight1978 October 14, 2014

Great place for rehab

unflres July 27, 2014

July 2014, not knowing which Re-Hab facility to go to, Carlton Shores was suggested as an alternative by one of the hospital nurses. I arrived in ambulatory condition condition, but vwa swas confined to my bed for 1 .5 days. The problem with my medication in the hospital travelled with me to this facility. On the first day, I had a nurse rinse me off...then after my wife did it the next two times, I asked about my washing and was told I would have to request it. To my taste the food was horrible...I ate about 20% of that which was offered before I asked my wife to start bringing me food. Although cleasning was done on a regular basis, I thought it was relatively ineffective. Botyh my wife and I thought the facility had a pervasive odor...in the foods, linen, clothing, hair and on the skin...which took two days of scrubbing to remove. Based on my experience, I would not like to stay here again nor leave a loved one there. On the other hand, I thought the Occupational and Physical therapy programs were quite effective although maybe not THE cleanest; I would not hesitate to take outpatient physical or occupational therapy at this location.

Maureen08 April 09, 2014

My mother was just a patient and had to be transferred after surviving less than a week. The therapy was positive however the food and nursing care was less than adequate. There were instances where it took up to an hour to answer call buttons. On one occassion the nurse couldn't find the medicine my mother required. Multiple conversations still didn't resolve the issues. Be very careful when trusting the care of a sick person to these people.

Dona1 January 30, 2014

Carlton Shores Health and Rehab is a big facility. I was there for rehab. I needed things for my rehab therapy and they were able to get it for me. I think they are good, but they just need to improve something with regards to the food. Most of their rooms were single rooms and they are of good size.

S.H. December 19, 2013

Please do not leave your loved ones here. The facility is very dirty and reeks of mold. The two times my grandmother was placed here the air was broken in one of the wings and they brought in huge fans for the hallway. The second time she was there she came down with an intestinal virus while there and was very sick. We had gone to visit her one day because we had a meeting with a case worker and she was sitting in her wheelchair with no clothes on. This is a horrible facility!

sadly mistaken February 21, 2013

my family member was in this facility for 3 months and it was horriable. they did not bathe him for 2 and half months! the staff is so slow and under-staffed that its rediculous! only a few cna's are respectful, others will yell and have no patience with the patient. something needs to be done here!

About Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center

Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Daytona Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Carlton Shores Health And Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: