Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center

2525 Centerville Rd, Dallas, TX, 75228

Reviews of Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center

Caring104255950 April 07, 2015

We are in the process of possibly getting my mom in Golden Acres. The staff was really nice as well as the admitting lady who I talked to. They are remodeling; they've remodeled a little. Caring.com gave me the name of a company -- I think it was a Brookdale up in Plano -- and they were the ones who told me about Golden Acres. They said that they like it because Golden Acres has a rehabilitation center and they take a lot of their clients there to work on their rehabilitation, and they said that they have always liked that. So that's why she gave me the name of this place in the first place. The rooms are older, but they are big. It is more of a traditional nursing care home, but they have a lot of people on their staff, and they have Biblical verses throughout the facility, which I thought was really nice. It seems really clean; it doesn't smell. They were telling me that the people who run the ward on each floor had been there for a long time; they don't turn people over a lot. The people there really care for their tenants so they work to keep it nice like that and not change it so much. It is an older establishment, but you have to realize that they are taking nothing but government checks, and they don't have all the extra income coming in to make it all fantastic.

Daughter-of-Resident December 01, 2014

Please take the time for a walking-in visit especially during the weekend at this facility. There is a big difference in how resident's are cared for during the week verses the weekend. To my understanding the facility has been bought twice. The original owners left the facility in good condition, but now it's obvious to many that the it's declining in overall nursing care. My mother has been at this facility for more than 12 years and was receiving fairly good care. She has had several falls recently for trying to get up and care for herself. The last fall was while sitting in her wheelchair. She fell hitting the floor with her forehead that left a golf ball size knot. It took her over 24 hours to regain consciousness and was hospitalized for four days. When I arrived at the nursing home staff had not followed proper procedures. There could have been lots of reasons for the fall, but the one they provided was not consistent with the medical findings at the hospital. There were limited staff on duty and the one nurse never left the desk area to provide assistance. She was observed using her cellphone non-stop, even when the nursing supervisor was present on the floor. The staff member who poorly cared for my mother desire a rating of zero, but I give it a two for staff who are providing some degree of care at the facility.

caring7645 May 24, 2013

We live in Golden Acres because I'm disabled and that's why we're here in the first place. It was recently sold and it seems like they're just letting it go downhill. Now, I feel that we're getting nothing from the rent we pay.

MichelleMortland July 21, 2011

This is a CCRC--with independent living, skilled nursing, long-term care, and rehab--all well integrated for residents moving from one level of care to the next.

The rehab is unbelievably good--state of the art. They even have a car and a kitchen inside the rehab department to help patients relearn driving and cooking skills. The nursing care is also excellent.

It's not in the best location; it's in a less desirable neighborhood in Northeast Dallas. But the facility has a kind of metro-retro look to it. The skilled nursing unit has been remodeled, and it's superb. It has four-star quality. I'd love to break a hip to go there. It's that nice. All private rooms. The colors, the lighting, the bathrooms, the bedding, the towels. The attention to detail is just amazing.

They have three activity directors. I used to teach the activity director course at a junior college in Dallas, and I'd give them my highest rating. They have daily activities focused on physical, spiritual, and mental needs. They're also good at getting donations and making outings to the the symphony, the opera, that kind of thing.

Even the food is superior.

About Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center

Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Dallas, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Golden Acres Living And Rehabilitation Center