Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center

602 MADISON ROAD, Culpeper, VA, 22701

Reviews of Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center

September 21, 2015

By Beth73

The lack of care in this facility is unbelievable. They had gotten my moms medications wrong on two different occasions, she fell and contracted pneumonia and this was not caught. Ultimately my mother died from their lack of care.

June 07, 2015

By caring112022850

My daughter was in Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center for 56 days. She was in the hospital and needed to go to the rehab center, and they were the only one that had availability within her health network. It was clean, and the staff was courteous. Her room was always semi-private, and it was functional. The food was fine. Sometimes the food was served in her room, sometimes she went to the dining area. She had occupational rehab, speech and swallowing rehab, and physical rehab, on a rotating basis. The rehab center was good, but the care in the rooms -- the staff that was taking care of her day-to-day -- lacked a lot of attention.

November 12, 2014

By KatLady

My mom fell while walking her dog and broke her hip. I warned her for months about walking that dog in the dark but she is so stubborn. I thought getting mom back on her feet would be such an ordeal when the hospital suggested rehab but a nice lady came to visit mom right there in the hospital and explained how rehab at Culpeper Health and Rehab would work. When the lady told my mom that we could bring my mom's dog for a visit my mom was sold! In less than 3 weeks mom was back home again. They even brought her home for an evaluation and took her and her dog for a walk to test her abilities and practice everything on her own home "turf" before she actually was discharged from the center for good. Everyone in the center was so nice (Especially the receptionist, Linda- that lady keeps the place going!). We highly recommend Culpeper Health and Rehab.

February 06, 2013

By Culpeper Resident

The center took terrible care of my father who is showing signs of dimensia. They would not help him eat or help by cutting food. It was left on a tray at the foot of his bed, and there it sat because he could not reach it. Then they would just take it away. There were wires dangling precariously under his bed and my mother got caught in them an fell. She was taken to the emergency room with injuries. Staff did not read my father's chart correctly and left off vital medications from his med list which cause severe reactions. Then, they would not give him the medications at the proper times. Within 4 days, he had contrated flu like symptoms. The nursing staff said they were "not staffed" to handle patients like him. He's just like any elderly person in a new environment. Total lack of caring, compassion, and basic principles of care --- and a total focus on profitability. Patients need to come first, and they don't at this center. It's all about $$. The only bright spot are their rehabilitative services. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

September 17, 2012

By nanaree22

My mother who has Alzheimer's is a resident and I must say that the care from the staff is wonderful. My mother can be a bit sarcastic at time and very disagreeable but no matter her mood they always smile and be sure she has what she needs. For the most part(other she wants to go home some days) She is very content. Her meals are always served hot and what she is able to eat per dietary restrictions. I am very pleased we were able to have her in a pace where she is closer to us and able to be cared for so well.

November 19, 2011

By Shelley3

Staff is very helpful,they have all became my friends .The food is good. Laundry services,Quick response to emergencies.On time with all your medications. I love living here.

Features of Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center

Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Culpeper, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center