Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center

136 NE 12Th Ave, Crystal River, FL, 34429

Reviews of Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center

March 20, 2015

My mother has been there for a year and a half now. Everyone is really nice except when it comes down to getting something taken care of. It took going back a second time and taking pictures of my mother's room. When they first brought us there, they kind of misrepresented themselves. They brought us to this beautiful room with wood floors and new furniture, a big screen TV, an automatic bed, and everything. My mom wasn't on Medicaid or anything. When I got back there, she was at the back of the bus with ripped up doors and beds that were not automatic. It just felt dirty everywhere. It was pretty sad. I took pictures of the place. I had my sister call, and she talked to the management. She asked why my mom is in this room when we were showed a different room that she was going to stay in. My mom wasn't being checked often. She is not a complainer and doesn't say "hey I'm wet" or "I went to the bathroom." She had a bedsore. When I had a big meeting and showed the main guy all the pictures because I had proof, they moved my mother the next day in the section where she should have been to begin with. They did do something I think because I was taking pictures. I think they are friendly when they want to be, and then they turn around as you say something. They are guarding themselves up. We are moving her out of there as soon as we can. We are putting her in a new home. The care for my mom wasn't up to par. They have bingo and dancing, and they bring someone in once a week to sing. There is a pastor that comes in that is really nice, and he gets everybody together. The food is awful. My mom was on a liquid diet. What they did was they'll put like too much food in front of her, and they open it all up. It all goes to waste. I wouldn't say the food is good.

December 17, 2013

My wife was at Crystal River Health and Rehabilitation Center. Besides her dementia, my wife fell a lot and they pretty much watched out for that all the time. My wife also had eczema and her skin itched all the time. There were times when they gave her the pill at 4 o'clock and the next time they said it was at 5 o'clock, and another time at 9 o'clock. Then one night, she asked for the pill and the staff said she had to order that pill, the patients did not order pills. So, the staff were not very knowledgeable. She was in a locked down area. She was the only one who could hold a conversation so she had nobody to talk to. The other residents just mumbled ot looked at the floor. So that's why I visit her everyday. The facility was clean but the staff they hired was more important. They had the same people for 2-3 days and all of a sudden another crew would be there and they did not know what was going on. It was constantly rotating. I thought that there were understaffed.

Features of Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center

Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Crystal River, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Crystal River Health And Rehabilitation Center