Cranberry Place

5 Saint Francis Way, Cranberry Township, PA, 16066

Reviews of Cranberry Place

Karin123 November 24, 2014

Absolutely horrendous facility ....my father went in for rehab and within days couldn't eat or drink and advised nurse he felt like he was having seizures and they offered no assistance I rushed there from work only because my lethargic father crawled out of bed to call and tell me they weren't listening...when I got there the nurse said she didn't know what to do...I had to demand an ambulance and my father had to be hospitalized and is in worse condition ...please don't let your loved ones be treated here this place is less than stars not even 1

turkle March 26, 2014

My father was a patient here and only for one month. I saw that he was being over medicated and not getting the care he deserved after only 2 days in this facility. He walked into this place and did not walk out. After only 3 weeks he developed a bed sore from being left in a geri chair, which is used as a restraint. He had four falls that I am aware of. I found nurses to be very uncaring and completely unable to answer any questions I would have. Apparently, his chart was never available. Met with the director of nursing, still got no answers to many questions. Finally found a place for my Dad after four weeks, but by that time his health was broke and he was unable to survive the neglect he received in this place. He had to have surgery on the massive bed sore he developed while there.. Mind you, he was ther for rehab. I would recommend if you need a place for your loved one, you look elsewhere.. I personally would never want another member of my family there..I gave a rating of one star only because to give no stars was not an option!

concernedfa December 11, 2013

The administration is actingas though Cranberry Place exists for their benefit instead of the mission they claim to underwrite. The floors are scheduled for their time off instead of the best time for residents and their families. It would be easy to set up internet notification for family and friends who sign up for it....but they refuse to do so. Therefore, family members come to closed doors without notice. Training for aides/nurses are scheduled for times that they are supposed to handle patients. The patients just are preempted and don't get the care, then. If a staff member takes days off, there is no one put in their place, leaving a gap. I'm wondering if that is comment on the importance of their function? There are some good things. The food is consistent and good. The activity dept. is caring and has fun programs. The aides are caring when they are given time to care.

Peace Frog June 23, 2013

This facility is absolutely clueless in caring for their patients. My mother came here temporarily as she was hospitalized for two months and needed intensive physical therapy. UPMC insurance would not pay for any other facility. The nurses ignore her call bell for at least half an hour. They told her they were out of her pain medicine and she couldn't receive it until 5, when the Director of Nursing was involved they gave it to her right away. She had an ileostomy and several JP sites. When they rolled her to use the bed pan, the ileostomy bag came out of her stomach and spilled all over the place, then the nurse aide told ME to go find the nurse. Absolutely disgusted with this hell hole.

b424253 June 28, 2012

don't know what they did to my mom but she came out of that place nowhere near what she went in like. Her anxiety level got so bad that she wound up in the emergency room the first day she came back home. She began to have aniexty attacks two weeks after being in there. They wanted to keep her another week and I said "no way". We had to have her put on antidepressants and anxiety medication just to get her to calm down back at home. Kept her on painkillers over a month and gave her an atibiotic for no reason. Very dissapointed in this facility......

JudyMills June 09, 2011

Visited this facility

Cranberry Place in Cranberry Township, PA is located in the heart of the township. This facility is located right next to the UPMC Passavant Cranberry Hospital and this is convenient if a person needs to go to the hospital for care. They can have x-ray testing, scans right next door at the hospital, and it is just a walk over. There is one big concern with this facility currently. They have had many infections with patients lately. I personally would be concerned if my loved one were there and would want to see the measures and changes that they are making to prevent patients from getting any infections. Talk to the staff and see what they are dealing with every day and you may find that there isn't enough help around to take care of the residents properly.

About Cranberry Place

Cranberry Place is a nursing home in Cranberry Township, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cranberry Place for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cranberry Place

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Cranberry Place