Retama Manor Nursing Center

2322 MORGAN AVE, Corpus Christi, TX, 78405

Reviews of Retama Manor Nursing Center

May 31, 2013

By B. Smith

My father went into Retama Manor in January on a rehab basis. It was a smoking facility and he was a smoker. The people there were very, very caring and there were some great caregivers there. The rooms were fine on the rehab floor. Unless you're a fall risk, the room would be somewhat small. When we went out to visit, they had Valentine's Day going on. They had games and families was there for their loved ones. It seemed like they had a lot of things posted on their event calendar. But dad wasn't even well enough to do any of them. He never got well enough and he passed away in March. There were three nurses who were so loving to dad. They had fallen in love with him in that short period of time. And to take care of him in the end like that, was amazing to me.

January 21, 2012

By ALerma120

My grandfather lived out the rest of his days at this nursing home. I visited often, and never expected the place to be a palace. However, even in old age, every human being deserves to be cared for with dignity. My grandpa contracted numerous bacterial infections from unsanitary practices by the nurses (?). Speaking of nurses, one in particular who wore a name tag claiming to be an LVN made my mother cry and feel guilty about having to put my grandpa in a nursing home due to her own failing health. Incidentally, I tried to make a report against this "nurse" and there was no one registered under her name. I suspected there were very few workers there who were actually licensed. Most of the hurt they caused my grandpa was due to stupid mistakes. They stepped on his catheter tube, ripping it out and causing severe bleeding as well as the aforementioned infection. There are gory details the doctor shared with us regarding my grandpa's physical condition after he passed away. I have visited other beautiful assisted living centers that employ caring, sweet staff members who took good care of my grandfather before we had to move him to this awful place due to costs. He lost over 20 pounds in the 2 months after he had to check into this facility. I would definitely NOT recommend that other families trust their loved ones in the care of Retama Manor Nursing Home.

Features of Retama Manor Nursing Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Retama Manor Nursing Center

Retama Manor Nursing Center is a nursing home in Corpus Christi, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Retama Manor Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Retama Manor Nursing Center