Retama Manor Nursing Center

2322 MORGAN AVE, Corpus Christi, TX, 78405

Reviews of Retama Manor Nursing Center

ALerma120 January 21, 2012

My grandfather lived out the rest of his days at this nursing home. I visited often, and never expected the place to be a palace. However, even in old age, every human being deserves to be cared for with dignity. My grandpa contracted numerous bacterial infections from unsanitary practices by the nurses (?). Speaking of nurses, one in particular who wore a name tag claiming to be an LVN made my mother cry and feel guilty about having to put my grandpa in a nursing home due to her own failing health. Incidentally, I tried to make a report against this "nurse" and there was no one registered under her name. I suspected there were very few workers there who were actually licensed. Most of the hurt they caused my grandpa was due to stupid mistakes. They stepped on his catheter tube, ripping it out and causing severe bleeding as well as the aforementioned infection. There are gory details the doctor shared with us regarding my grandpa's physical condition after he passed away. I have visited other beautiful assisted living centers that employ caring, sweet staff members who took good care of my grandfather before we had to move him to this awful place due to costs. He lost over 20 pounds in the 2 months after he had to check into this facility. I would definitely NOT recommend that other families trust their loved ones in the care of Retama Manor Nursing Home.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Retama Manor Nursing Center

Retama Manor Nursing Center is a nursing home in Corpus Christi, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Retama Manor Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Retama Manor Nursing Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: