Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

68 Hauppauge Road, Commack, NY, 11725

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

daughter of residents May 28, 2014

My parent recently lived (Mar 2014( at Gurwin for for two months before we took him out and had him go home to live with an aide. I give a date because in reading reviews on this place it is very important to note. First let me say that the physical therapy and occupational therapy team is TOP notch. They truly do care and work very hard. They feel it is important to build relationships with their residents . They were wonderful. Unfortunately, that's where my positive review ends. Working in the town of this facility for over 30 years, I had heard wonderful things about it. After getting my parent there, I found out that they are running on a past reputation. They have changed quite a bit, mixing different levels of mental capacities together, making socialization a difficult one. In the morning, you are often awakened at 4:00-5:00am to get dressed because they have so many residents to get up. If you are unable to go to dining room and dine in your room, your food is consistently delivered cold to your room, with items missing from the tray.One morning, my parent was delivered someone else's already eaten breakfast! There are a few wonderful aides but most of them speak poor English and couldn't care less about the welfare of the people left in their care. My parent was left in bed and had clothes thrown on his bed telling him to get dressed. ( he was wheelchair bound.) Several times he was left in the bathroom for over a half hour waiting for help to get out. It took me 6 weeks of asking to finally get his nails cut. Each time I asked I was told a different date that it would get done. If you are lucky enough to catch a nurse in the hall, they will give you little information. To this day, I don't know the meds my parent was being given or what they were for. My parent was on a diabetic diet and given cookies, cakes, etc with each cold meal. I could go on and on, but will stop here. Anyone reading this gets my pony by now.

rugged February 24, 2012

There is nothing that I don't love about Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. My grandmother has been a resident here for over four and a half years. She absolutely loves it and the entire family loves the fact that she is receiving the best care possible. The entire staff is well trained and extremely professional. I personally feel very comfortable about this nursing home because none of the staff takes advantage of the residents. The food is made with the finest ingredients and with lots of time and care. My mother and I visit there at least twice per month and there has not been a time that we visited and it was not perfectly clean. I highly recommend this facility to anyone looking into making their loved one a resident here. It is perfectly located for anyone that lives in New York City or Long Island. It is a much need bonus that the cost to stay at this facility is very reasonable.

old school livin October 01, 2011

There are plenty of stereotypes when it comes to assisted living homes. But despite of popular belief claims, sending a family member to live in one doesn't actually confine them to a life of sitting and playing cards. Gurwin Jewish residences sits on a 47-acre plot of land and has amenities you'd only dream of having at home - an outdoor Olympic-sized pool, manicured gardens, a theater and concert program, free membership to the Suffolk Y JCC - and a huge group of people to enjoy them with.Thumbs up in my book

About Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Commack, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Gurwin Jewish Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: