Wexner Heritage House

1151 College Avenue, Columbus, OH, 43209

Reviews of Wexner Heritage House

Caring85420750 May 30, 2014

Wexner Heritage Village feels elegant, and it's sophisticated. It is a place to live and not a place to die. The staff is smart, zappy. The rooms and the dining room are very elegant and also well appointed. It was a good fit for this particular individual. It's very personal in that respect.

Caring72283150 April 05, 2014

Mom has been at Wexner for about six months. She was in rehab and then she had moved into the long term care side. The Jewish affiliation was somewhat important. I'm very pleased with the staff. The food, I'm impressed with. They have some problems in the kitchen in regard to serving, but as far as the food itself, it's nutritious, it's wonderful, it's tasty. They do have some things, mom is not partaking of anything at this point, but they've got some musical entertainers coming in or bingo and things like that. No place is absolutely perfect, but I'm impressed with them. I didn't have any negative things about it.

Finally home November 05, 2013

I moved here two years ago and .over it here. Although there has been some staffing changes , everyone here is professional,careing, and friendly . I feel it is my home now and can not imagine ever living any where else. It's clean, quiet ,pet friendly ,and safe. Everything I was looking for .

brandyn November 13, 2012

The first thing that needs to be commended about this facility first and foremost is the staff. I can only imagine how stressful working in this type of envoirnment can get at times, yet every experience I can remember with staff was sincerely cordial and caring. Everything was taken care of in a prompt, reasonable manner and they seemed to really pay attention to detail, a great indicator of passion for what those involved were doing. Another great trait was cleanliness, another attribute I'm sure isn't easy to attain in a facility at all times of day, yet everything in the regard was always kept in tip-top shape as far as I could tell and hear. Overall, there's just a general sense that the people working there are not there first and foremost for a job and paycheck, but to genuinely help those in residence there. The general look and feel of the interior is very warm and pleasant, more hotel-like than nursing home, and while not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, must be a welcome comfort to those residing and working there. The only negative of note I can think of was that it had a bit of a confusing layout, mostly that places were not centralized or funneled in well, but that may be more subjective than anything else. Very good-Great facility overall.

JWilli July 31, 2012

I struggled with making the decision of where to take my grandmother. She tends to be very particular on her care and won't settle for just being put in any kind of place. When I found Wexner Heritage Village, I knew that it was the perfect place for her. The entire staff there is exceptional. I don't just mean the nurses and doctors, but everyone from assistants to kitchen staff. My grandmother's needs are always met and her expectations keep getting exceeded. There have been a few rare occasions in which there was an issue, but every issue she encountered were handled by the charge nurse and/or the administrator. Every detail was paid attention to and any time family made plans to come see here, they accommodated us beyond what we would have imagined. I recommend this facility to anyone looking for a quality assisted living facility to put their family members in. It's already a difficult and painful experience but it makes it less so dealing with such an exceptional place.

BB1 November 19, 2011

I was an in-patient in March 2011, following full replacement of the right knee. My primary concern was rehabilitation, and had physical therapy daily, sometimes twice a day. The therapists were excellent, and I recovered well enough to go home after 12 days. I learned not only how to walk on the new knee (assisted by a walker), but how to climb stairs, up and down, as well as take full care of bathing, dressing...all functions. My only complaint was that of the food preparation; it is my understanding that it has since improved! I cannot give enough praise to the nursing and rehab staffs!

From Wexner Heritage House

Wexner Heritage House was founded in 1951 with the mission of ensuring a welcoming, safe and caring place for our community's most vulnerable members as they grow unable to care for themselves.

Our long-term care residents enjoy private rooms and a superior patient-to staff ration, as well as access to a rich menu of activities, intergenerational programing and spiritual care that nourish the mind, body and spirit. These are just some of the reasons Wexner Heritage House, a member of the Wexner Heritage Village network of services, consistently scores 90+ out of 100 on resident and family satisfaction surveys by the Ohio Department of Aging.

Features of Wexner Heritage House

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Wexner Heritage House