Future Care Pineview

9106 PINEVIEW LANE, Clinton, MD, 20735

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Future Care Pineview

Some1cares November 24, 2011

I have been to Pineview for a work related tasks and have found that the experience has been pleasant. It is clean , nicely decorated, and there is no odor. The staff that I have come in contact with have all been pretty pleasant. I feel that they have a better quality of care than other places in the area. I would definitely recommend the facility. I would say at least check it out for yourself. But I can say the times I have gone I have been pleased.

geminezmarie October 14, 2011

I think this nursing home is at least in part responsible for the death of my grandmother in August 2010. She was placed there twice in connection with health-related issues. In May of 2010 she requested to go to the hospital because the arthritis in her knees was bothering her. She had no other health complaints. While at Southern Maryland Hospital ER, they noticed she had a urinary tract infection and kept her overnight for observation and started her on antibiotics. They then started talking about this great rehab place - Pineview Future Care of Clinton MD, that they thought she'd profit from and regain the ability to walk. She was transferred there the next day.The first week at Future Care she walked around trying to help other residents who were always screaming for help from the staff, sitting in the lunch room unable to eat with no one to help them or unable to get to a restroom or get help with soiled clothing. Then towards the end of the second week, I came to visit and she was lost and wandering around the place. She couldn't remember where or why she was there. The next day she was in bed, I thought she had tired herself out and just went to bed. The same thing when I visited 2 days later. I made a fuss and found out from her roommate that she'd been nonresponsive for 48 hours and no one had been in to see her. A nurse took me aside and outright apologized for the negligence of the home, saying she'd seen similar cases several times. We went back to the hospital. There she was diagnosed with C-diff and had her first stroke. At the end of the week, she was back at Future Care, this time hooked up to breathing and feeding machines. The same nurse later told me she wasn't fed regularly (they'd let the machine run out). She died that same week from the bacterial infection we believe came from the nursing home and the lack of treatment for her stroke.Her story aside the complaints of the residents there seem beyond inhumane and a quick visit will not let you but your loved one there if you can avoid it at any cost. It is extremely old and the 2 elevators often don't work which means wheelchair bound residents get stuck in there or in there rooms and that's very disorienting and confusing for sick and elderly patients. Avoid at all costs.

About Future Care Pineview

Future Care Pineview is a nursing home in Clinton, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Future Care Pineview for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Future Care Pineview

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Future Care Pineview