Future Care Pineview

9106 PINEVIEW LANE, Clinton, MD, 20735

Reviews of Future Care Pineview

LivedwithIt March 23, 2015

The initial impression was positive because of renovations to the facility. My husband was there and I requested he be moved to another room because the staff kept the room so cold he had chill bumps on his arms. The second room temperature was better; but I had to clean the room before he moved in. When he was able to eat he thought the food was well prepared and tasty. The physical therapy was a joke. His PT often left him sitting without assistance and I'd find his feet swollen. There are only few facilities that accept vent patients and this was a horrible experience. My husband died because the feeding tube was not flushed and he experienced multiple infections. Some of the Respiratory therapist are good but the weekend fill in RTs seemed careless. They put the speaker valves on unsanitary tables and are slow to respond to requests for suctioning. When the lights are on, staff often ignore patients requests for assistance. The GNAs take long breaks right after dinner so that they are no where to be found when the patients need them most. My husband was there a month before the Social Worker agreed to hold a caregiver meeting. On a revisit, he was changed to long term care without consulting the family.

Christina H. May 31, 2014

My aunt had multiple surgeries and was admitted her per the hospital and insurances choice. It was horrible. The nurses seemed nice until you wanted something or needed something. They didn't care about the patients or their cleanliness at all. My aunt was unable to walk or move on her own so she needed them to clean her after going to the bathroom. They wouldn't, she had skin issues from her diabetes so it breaks down really fast. She got a UTI and was raw down there from them not cleaning her. She had to go back to the hospital because of the issues above and she was starting to get an infection at her incision site. They continued to bill her insurance even after she went back to the hospital for an additional 12 days! I had to fight with her insurance that it was inaccurate and while they were investigating we had to apply for additional coverage than is normally covered just to get her coverage hen it was finally time for her to leave the hospital again. FYI I REFUSED to allow my aunt to go back there again! That was another insurance battle but one that was worth it and I finally won!

somewhocares November 07, 2013

My brother is currently in this nursing home. This is his second time back. The first time he got C-Diff and came down with pnuemonia. I don't trust the quality of the care he gets at this nursing. Staff and the doctor don't always were gloves when interacting or examining my brother. He has to sit in a soiled diaper for up to 2 hours or more on most days because being told no one available when needed to go to bathroom or when needed to be changed. Have to stay on them about giving my brother a shower which is only 2 days out of the week, per their rules. When they administer his meds, I always have to ask what he's getting because they don't seem to voluntarily let the residents know what they are given them. Residents should know what is being given to prevent overdosing and being given the wrong medicaiton. For the time my brother is there, I will continue to fight for his rights and care and praying the LORD will open a door for him to go home where he will get the love and care needed to get well.

Some1cares November 24, 2011

I have been to Pineview for a work related tasks and have found that the experience has been pleasant. It is clean , nicely decorated, and there is no odor. The staff that I have come in contact with have all been pretty pleasant. I feel that they have a better quality of care than other places in the area. I would definitely recommend the facility. I would say at least check it out for yourself. But I can say the times I have gone I have been pleased.

geminezmarie October 14, 2011

I think this nursing home is at least in part responsible for the death of my grandmother in August 2010. She was placed there twice in connection with health-related issues. In May of 2010 she requested to go to the hospital because the arthritis in her knees was bothering her. She had no other health complaints. While at Southern Maryland Hospital ER, they noticed she had a urinary tract infection and kept her overnight for observation and started her on antibiotics. They then started talking about this great rehab place - Pineview Future Care of Clinton MD, that they thought she'd profit from and regain the ability to walk. She was transferred there the next day.The first week at Future Care she walked around trying to help other residents who were always screaming for help from the staff, sitting in the lunch room unable to eat with no one to help them or unable to get to a restroom or get help with soiled clothing. Then towards the end of the second week, I came to visit and she was lost and wandering around the place. She couldn't remember where or why she was there. The next day she was in bed, I thought she had tired herself out and just went to bed. The same thing when I visited 2 days later. I made a fuss and found out from her roommate that she'd been nonresponsive for 48 hours and no one had been in to see her. A nurse took me aside and outright apologized for the negligence of the home, saying she'd seen similar cases several times. We went back to the hospital. There she was diagnosed with C-diff and had her first stroke. At the end of the week, she was back at Future Care, this time hooked up to breathing and feeding machines. The same nurse later told me she wasn't fed regularly (they'd let the machine run out). She died that same week from the bacterial infection we believe came from the nursing home and the lack of treatment for her stroke.Her story aside the complaints of the residents there seem beyond inhumane and a quick visit will not let you but your loved one there if you can avoid it at any cost. It is extremely old and the 2 elevators often don't work which means wheelchair bound residents get stuck in there or in there rooms and that's very disorienting and confusing for sick and elderly patients. Avoid at all costs.

About Future Care Pineview

Future Care Pineview is a nursing home in Clinton, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Future Care Pineview for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Future Care Pineview

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: