Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

206 WALLS DR, Cleburne, TX, 76033

Reviews of Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

August 22, 2016

By Don't place anyone you love in this facility, you will regret it as we did

To call this a 'skilled nursing facility' is more than just a reach. My relative was admitted there and needed IV fluids. The nurses did not seem skilled enough to start a simple IV. The Director of Nurses and Administrator are both clueless and seemed to want to 'pass the buck' where asked the hard questions about my relative's care. They are understaffed, as are most facilities, but they are a for-profit facility accepting new patients when they can't take care of the ones they have

August 11, 2015

By Great Staff

I was a resident at Ridgeview skilled Nursing in June 2015. I had a wonderful experience at all levels including nursing, therapy, administration and all other departments. I was unable to help myself when I was first admitted and by the time I was discharged home I could take care of myself again. Thank you so much to all the staff involved getting me back on my feet.

May 23, 2015

By big coin collector

My mother was in Ridgeview "Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing" in April and May of 2015. I put part of their name in quotes because very little of those words apply to any of the care my mother received. She received poor care from the great majority of the staff. She was supposed to be getting physical, occupational and speech therapy, however, the physical therapy, in particular, would not treat her if she complained of any problems. My mother had impaired thinking from her diagnosis and surgery and was unable to understand that therapy would be necessary to improve her condition and would often refuse it. The physical therapy staff would not make concentrated efforts to encourage, redirect and motivate her to participate. It seemed like they had no understanding that my mother was not able to make a sound judgment about her need for therapy to regain her abilities. When she would say no, they would make few attempts to get her to cooperate and then just leave her in the bed. One other very disturbing thing was that the physical therapy staff performing the daily care in the building was Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) and not Physical Therapists (PT). I personally witnessed one PTA in particular represent herself as a Physical Therapist. I saw her make changes to my mother’s treatment plan and she evaluated my mother as if she was a Physical Therapist. I have personal knowledge that these particular actions were done in violation of her practice act with the State of Texas. I personally saw her state license certificate was expired and dated in 2013. I never saw a licensed PT the entire month that my mother was in Ridgeview. The PTA was the therapist that attended my mother’s first care plan meeting. The nursing staff appeared to be overworked at times and lazy at other times. Many times my mother would push the call button for assistance and she would wait for over an hour and still nobody would come. The light outside her door in the hall was on but it was ignored. This would happen at all hours of the day and night. The administrator and Director of Nurses appeared clueless about the problems and even when I told them about them, nothing was improved. It seemed like the lower level staff basically did not follow any orders to correct the situations or they were never actually told to do anything different to correct the problems. The facility doctor came into my mother's room a couple of days after she was admitted and told her that she was terminal. My mother told me that the doctor had told her that she was going to die. My mom had never, to that point, talked about funeral arrangements as all of our emphasis was on aggressive therapy and treatment. I found out later that this doctor has not even looked at her chart to find out the plan of care was for her to get aggressive rehab and treatment. This was very disappointing, as older people tend to believe anything a doctor says. It took many days to undo the damage this doctor did to her with just a few words. Other doctors who were managing her care would write specific orders for treatment or medications and the orders would be ignored and not implemented by the nursing staff. My mother actually declined in her physical and functional ability while on their "specialized rehab" care. She lost much of her ability to walk and transfer in and out of bed as well as her ability to dress independently. I personally came into the room several times and found her attempting to transfer out of bed by herself with no staff assistance and she was almost falling. Since we got her out of Ridgeview and back home with home health, she has done much better and regained much of her physical ability and functional ability. Although this facility LOOKS good when you first walk in, in my opinion, you need to avoid this nursing and rehab facility like the plague. I have spoken to members of the surrounding community and It has a bad reputation in the community, I found out after the fact, and is well known for its deficiencies and many problems. I would recommend that you not depend upon the State inspectors reports or their ratings as they are not accurately portraying the current state of the facility, in my opinion as a person who has seen the facility up close many, many times recently.

Features of Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing is a nursing home in Cleburne, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Ridgeview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing