Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater

2055 Palmetto St., Clearwater, FL, 33758

Reviews of Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater

JPW1970 April 23, 2015

I told a staff member about the attentive care my mom has received at Comprehensive and she asked that I make a review on this website. She was discharged over a week ago and is now home with family. No place replaces being at home but I have no complaints about the facility. It is an older facility but it was very clean. I would trust Comprehensive to care for my mom again if she needed more rehab.

Mama girl April 21, 2015

My Mother has been at Comprehensive for over 4 years, she is long term, I am pleased that she is being well taken care of. The staff are very nice, busy but they do take great care of my Mother. She attends the activities, and loves being in the accompany of others in social settings. The only thing is the activity room is not organized as in the smaller room they had. There are other areas in the building that are not complete as well with work being complete. But my Mother is happy she loves the staff and she loves seeing the facility dog "Jake". They work hard and meet the needs of many in the facility. Kudos to the staff and management.

Fit2betied March 10, 2015

This place deserves ZERO STARS! They almost killed my mother! She was there for 4 wks....in that time she was sent to a hospital twice and 911 was called due to their ineptness. First time, she swells up like a balloon with edema so severe she looked like something u fish out of the river..all in a matter of hours when we left her bedside perfectly OK! She goes to ER...the hospital fixes this..and THEN SENDS HER BACK??? Within 2 wks, she CODES when they took her off her ventilator without supervision and left her in a room by herself with no supervision from respiratory or notes to see that she could not survive off the machine over nite. And of course, she CODES...they bring her back..and the new nurse doesn't know protocol? How bout human decency? and common sense? So she does NOT call 911 or get her to a hospital...she waits until the doctor on staff comes on duty to make his rounds and he sees what happened and HE calls 911 4 hours later after this happened and got her to a hospital to monitor her cardiac situation since this facility, has NO CARDIAC MACHINES to monitor cardiac functions! PROOF! STAY AWAY! I told the insurance CO would YOU send YOUR MOM back here for a 3rd time!!! What 3 strikes you're out? This isn't baseball!

mbuckley January 22, 2015

My Mother was recently at Comprehensive following a hospital stay. The place smelled of severe diarrhea as you walked down the halls. Often I found my Mother lying in her own filth with the call button on. The staff didn't respond or care. My Mother stayed there 4 years ago and the care has drastically gone down hill. I never have her there again. The food was usually cold, I had to bring her in things to eat. I took my Mother home after she caught a horrible case a C Diff from this facility.

jowymira December 07, 2014

never again ,nurses don't care about the patient don't respect family and patient. CNA they very lazy, they always on the cell phone playing and talking behind the nursing station.

kristenwade June 24, 2014

THE STAFF IS LAZY YOU HAVE TO WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THEM TO ANSWER CALL LIGHTS AND WHEN THEY DO THEY HAVE ATTITUDES FOR DISRESPECTFUL AND NOT FRIENDLY PLACE IN UNCLEAN FLOORS AND BATHROOMS ALWAYS NASTY AND THEY LIKE TO KEEP THEIR PATIENTS FULL OF MEDICATIONS SO THEY DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM SAD PLACE TO HAVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW THEY OPEN THE CNA'S JUST SIT AND LOOK AT YOU BEHIND THE DESK AT THE NURSING STATIONS

Frightening July 11, 2013

DO NOT patronize this facility! I gave it 1 star because I had to give it something. I was forced to go there for back surgery rehab and it was everything you heard about the worst of nursing homes X10. The staff is heavy with CNAs (to save money) and they do all the work. I was there a full week and at the most they had 1 RN & 1 LPN on a shift. They do not come to your room until it is medication time. They remain behind their desk as the CNAs are the ones who answer any calls when you buzz for help. They are limited in care they can provide and simply tell you, "I will tell the nurse. Whether they do or not you have no way of knowing. I was one of the lucky ones as I was healthy & and simply needed rehabilition for my back. In the beginning I was unable to get the assistance I needed (equipment & medication) which they blamed on the hospital that did my surgery. (They didn't send the information that Comprehensive needed so they couldn't properly treat me until they got it.) After the information apparently came, I still spent several days in the facility with no clock, no TV remote, and no walker (I had to share w/my roommate). The list goes on: when I asked for a suppository, they told me I had to take Milk of Magnesia first and wait 24 hrs, after I did that & went back to ask for the suppository the next day, the RN on duty told me they were......"out!!!" Only after I threatened to start calling everyone I knew, did I get one. If anyone you care about ends up there, the only hope they have is to have an active advocate, someone who is calling them everytime they see/hear a problem. Once I was able to get out of bed and use a walker, I quickly learned that if I needed anything, I would go & park myself in front of the Nurse's desk. That seemed to work. I thanked God every day that I was there that I wasn't trapped there, with no one to advocate for me/my needs. Many are. They need to be closed.

Nancy 4 October 30, 2012

My mother went into Comprehensive Healthcare probably around six weeks. I honestly didn't like it. I don't think they did enough for the people who live there. There was no warmth about the place. When you walk in, the lobby is old and stifling hot. It's not a very pleasing atmosphere. There's not enough parking around there. They need update on their maintenance.

About Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater

Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater is a nursing home in Clearwater, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Comprehensive Healthcare of Clearwater