Harrison House

41 Newport Ave, Christiana, PA, 17509

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Harrison House

hj08 May 16, 2012

I have visited the elderly at Harrison House in Christiana Pennsylvania on several occasions voluntarily to speak with the elderly and keep them company. While most of the staff seem nice and caring in general, there are quite a few that don't really seem to care for the residents. The residents always seem to be by themselves and on many occasions needed assistance, but no one would help them. The residents themselves have expressed to me that they feel so alone and that they are a burden to the staff if they ask for assistance. Not only are there quite a few bad seeds when it comes to the caregivers, but the facility itself isn't very clean. You can smell a very strong odor as soon as you walk in the door and it gets stronger as you move throughout the building. Some of the residents rooms I visited had such a repulsive odor that I had to leave the room because the smell was so overwhelming. In my opinion, there is no excuse for that. They are fully equipt with staff and it is part of their duty to ensure that the facility stays clean and odor free. Personally, I wouldn't want one of my family members living at Harrison House, but unfortunately that goes for most assisted living facilities. You will find flaws anywhere you go and sadly there will always be members of the staff that just don't care enough.

atemi321 January 28, 2012

My grandmother has been a resident of this facility for about six years now and i have been very happy with that care that she has been provided over the years. HSL (Harrison Senior Living) staff i believe truly care for there residents, i visit my grandmother about once a week and the staff are always in good spirits. Now as in all jobs there are a few employees such as cna's there that dont enjoy there work but for the most part they have a great staff. They also are constantly remodelling and updating there facility. Just this pass summer they built a beautifull terrace and flower garden for the residents to spend time in outside. The activities director does a fantastic job of coming up with creative events and activities for the residents aswell,Candlelight dinners, dances, happy hours, and parties to name a few. I would recommend this nursing home to any person thinking about moving a loved one into a home. I think the staff really makes the residents feel at home and cared for at Harrison Senior Living.

About Harrison House

Harrison House is a nursing home in Christiana, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Harrison House for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Harrison House