Norwood Crossing

6016 NORTH NINA AVENUE, Chicago, IL, 60631

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Norwood Crossing

KS1234 March 16, 2012

Overall, I feel that this was a nice facility. My grandfather lived there for about a year. When I went to visit, the staff was very nice and helpful. The facility itself was set up very nicely and it was easy to get around. They also seemed to have a lot of different areas for the residents to do different activities. The food seemed pretty decent as well. The residents appeared to be relatively happy with the staff. It was nice to see that the staff members did care about the residents. This was especially important to me because I had a relative living there. When looking at different assisted living facilities, some seemed dirty and appeared to have staff members that were pretty rude. This facility was clean and had a caring staff. They also had a nice outdoor area for the residents as well, which i thought was very nice. Overall, this is a good assisted living facility and I would recommend it to others.

maaz322 March 07, 2012

The nursing Home is great because it was so nice their and the nurses were so kind to you. At the nursing home they're were several enjoyable activities and entertainment that I loved! I had great time at the spas and the excellent sauna during the winter. I would tell anyone over the age of sixty to come here now. It was one of the greatest place I have ever been to. The beds were the best they were as fluffy as a sheep! I thought they were sheep. At Norwood Crossing I was treated extremely kind. Me and my buddies went there played checkers and relaxed for 2 years. The food was yummy and I loved the broth they served. The soup was also extravagant! My favorite meal of all was the milky mashed potatoes with this amazing gravy. The food was amazing I tell you. My daughter can't even cook as good as them. Now that's saying something because I used to think my daughter was a great cook. another decent thing is that they let relatives to stay for a long time and even lets them stay for the night. Overall I had an amazing 2 years at Norwood Crossing and would recommend it to many people.

BevDivision June 22, 2011

I absolutely love this place. My family found out about this place soon after we learned that the previous facility failed to care for her properly. This place really knows how to take care of their residents. They are super attentive, friendly and upbeat in personality. My aunt loves to talk and whenever she's engaging in conversation or group activities, her face lights up. The staff seemed eager to involve her in as many group activities as possible. My aunt has made several good friends and she seems happy. So I am very happy with the current situation.

commercesd May 25, 2011

Visited this facility

This review is for the Norwood Crossing assisted living facility (rather than the nursing home). We first noticed the building from the street since we live in the area. We thought it was a private school or condo development, because the front foliage was so lovely. But we were glad to discover that it offered assisted living, since we needed to find a local place for our great-aunt to live. The "memory support garden" in the interior is ample, convenient to the rest of the buildings, but still tranquil. Our aunt used to do a lot of gardening, so she really liked that aspect. The one bedrooms are a nice size, with hardwood floors and carpeting, large enough for a relative's occasional overnight stay. However, the bathrooms in some are off of the bedroom, which could be awkward for guests. The kitchenette opens to the living area, which is nice and bright. The common eating area resembles a casual restaurant with plenty of space between tables. The food we sampled was quite good - at least restaurant quality. The snacks looked really good and are offered all of the time. The piano room has large glass windows with a beautiful view of the center courtyard. Another gathering area resembles a large drawing room with comfortable chairs. There are plenty of staff and trained nurses to provide whatever level of care is required. We were told there is a book club and they make regular library trips, which our aunt really likes since she is an avid reader. They have many exercise programs, live events and other scheduled activities and outings. We could tell by how the residents appeared that they were very well-cared for.

About Norwood Crossing

Norwood Crossing is a nursing home in Chicago, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Norwood Crossing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Norwood Crossing

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Norwood Crossing