The Carlton at the Lake

725 WEST MONTROSE AVENUE, Chicago, IL, 60613

Reviews of The Carlton at the Lake

July 30, 2012

By advocate68

This facility from the outside looks wonderful, it is right off the lake front and has many bus and train lines nearby which is why it was thought to be a perfect choice for our family. Once inside the rooms look nice and clean and the facility looks well kept. We got a surprise though, once my mother in law was placed here. The rooms were very cramped, she initially was placed in a room with 2 other people, one of those had a mental issue and talked most of the night. My mother in law was in for a stroke and was unable to get very much rest. Also many times when we visited the facility was hot and seemed to lack proper air flow. The staff was pretty good, but there were not enough cna workers to assist with all the patients which at times caused a long wait if we needed my mother in law changed, or if we needed to get her medication. If I had to choose I would not place her back in this facility, the cons surely out weighed the pros and she is much more comfortable at her new placement, she has a newer model tv, a private room, activities daily, and enjoys it much more than the carlton. Overall it is not a horrible place for a loved one, but I have found there are others that are much more reliable and comfortable for both the patient and family.

Features of The Carlton at the Lake

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About The Carlton at the Lake

The Carlton at the Lake is a nursing home in Chicago, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Carlton at the Lake for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Carlton at the Lake