Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield

14855 North Outer 40 Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

Reviews of Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield

Caring110927550 July 21, 2015

Delmar Gardens was very open and airy when we first in. My sister has been there two weeks now. The décor is nice. The people are very nice. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are two-person rooms, and they are large enough, although my sister's roommate has so much furniture that it pours over into her section.

At Delmar Gardens, this is the first time that my sister has ever participated in any activities since she started with nursing homes last July. She always just stayed in her room and watched TV; that was it. But there, she went to parties that they have with musical group. She has been to bingo and Pokeno, and she made something at a craft class. She considered going to the Cardinal baseball game, but it rained that day. However, the only thing is that on Saturday and Sunday, they are low staffed, just like every other place that I have ever encountered. They are low staffed on the weekend, and consequently the wait between things that you need is pretty long.

open minded June 20, 2015

I was there visiting a friend two residents stopped me as I was going to my friends room and complained of their care, a third complained at the dining table to me.They each said that they can't get help when needed. One said she was left on toilet for hours and cried. I came home and checked out reviews of employees, apparently the management needs an attitude adjustment. I could not help notice "many" sitting at nurses station eating ice cream while aids were being pulled on by residents wanting help. It mad me sad! sorry but that's what I witnessed.I also seen pills on the floor under the dinning table. Thank You. I hope you care enough to check it out for yourself.

Caring106710750 May 15, 2015

We chose Delmar Gardens because of a family recommendation. It is wonderful. Their rooms and dining room are exceptional. Their sanitation is good. What I like best is the staff.

They have activities -- like they bring in entertainment. They have bingo. They take them on outings every week. They take them shopping 3 or 4 times a week.

ElderCareSpecialist October 02, 2014

Newly renovated. Does not look like a nursing home. VERY clean. Friendly and attentive staff. Food is above average.

Caring5977 October 17, 2013

Delmar Gardens was very nice. It was a nice place and they gave other people good care. It's one of their newer facilities and it's in good shape. It has good staff and they paid good attention to the people.

nelsondot September 30, 2011

I had a positive experience with this assisted living provider. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Each time that I visited the facility, I never encountered an unfriendly staff member. Someone was always willing to help me or find someone to help me. The facility is nice and clean. It does not have the stereotypical smell of an assisted living or nursing care facility. The facility looks more like a 5 star residences. I especially enjoyed the rehabilitation unit. The residents are treated like royalty in this unit. The residences have nice carpeting in their rooms, large closet space, and a newly re-modeled updated room that includes a large flat screen t.v on the wall. The dining area is also top of the line. The kitchen staff seem to be very professional and they prepare nutritious and wholesome meals. The Alzheimer's Unit is on of a kind in the St. Louis area. An entire section is dedicated to residents with dementia and Alzheimer's. I would suggest anyone who is seeking an assisted living facility to check out all of the Delmar Garden locations in the St. Louis area for all of their assisted living needs.

caring grand daughter September 29, 2011

My grandmother lived at Delmar Gardens West for about 3 years. The apartment she had there was very nice. Smaller and more manageable than where she was living previously. It seems that the staff allows you to live as independently as possible, but is there for support when needed. Staff was always friendly with me and other family members. They contacted us when there was any kind of problem with the apartment/room or with my grandmother. One of the best parts of the complex is that my grandmother could easily socialize with other people by going downstairs to the common areas and dining room. Fortunately, the facility is on a busy street so my grandmother did not protest when we took her car keys at the time she moved in there (yes, 92 and was still driving!). I don't think she participated much in the organized activities, but they were plentiful and available. I often reviewed the calendar of events with her. She did enjoy sitting in the lobby and talking with the other ladies and the staff.

TyroneSil June 22, 2011

My grandmother was a resident of Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield for a little over 3 years. She passed away recently but my memories of her, and the place she called home for the last years of her life are very fresh in my memory. Although I haven't been in lots of nursing homes, I have been in enough to say that Delmar Gardens is definitely, without doubt the nicest nursing home I have ever been in or even around. Some nursing homes look sad even from the road. Not Delmar Gardens! In fact from the moment you drive up the entrance you feel like you are at a fancy upscale hotel. The amenities, decor and surroundings are very appealing and well planned. Even more important than looks is of course the quality of care the residents receive. I would rate Delmar Gardens first class in this area as well. When visiting my grandmother I often saw the same nurses, attendants, etc..which to me means that there isn't a ridiculously high staff turnover. I also saw a lot of the same residents. Delmar Gardens went above and beyond to encourage the residents to participate in a variety of activities such as bingo, library on wheels, animal therapy, support groups, cocktail night, music performances, the list goes on and on. You can't say there wasn't anything to do there! They offered numerous family activities to encourage families to visit their loved ones and spend quality time with them. At Halloween they had a big party where people, mostly the kids of course, came dressed up. Easter was a favorite for my kids. They had a beautiful brunch set up. There was a big Easter egg hunt for the kids. The parking lot was full of activities too. A small animal petting zoo. Pony rides. Clowns of course! I think my grandmother and the other residents of the home loved it as much as we guests did. They had the opportunity to see their children their grandchildren, the people they love, together, having fun and enjoying each others company and creating special memories that will last a lifetime. Some nursing homes I've seen in the past are creepy, downright scary even. Delmar Gardens has changed my perception of what a nursing home is supposed to be. There were several staff and residents at my grandmothers funeral. Just one more example of how highly I recommend this nursing home. It's a home, not a waiting room for death.

About Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield

Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield is a nursing home in Chesterfield, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield