Garden Gate Health Care Facility

2365 UNION ROAD, Cheektowaga, NY, 14227

Reviews of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

HonestFeedback October 19, 2015

It's hard to believe this facility has received some good ratings. I guess that's just a sign of how bad many nursing homes are. My father was at Garden Gate a couple of years ago. His room was tiny, dark, and depressing and looked out onto the wall of another building. In December, someone kept opening the window in his room and leaving it open (possibly to smoke?). Of course, the staff denied it. We found his pills unswallowed in his mouth. He was brought to a freezing cold dining room dressed in just a light gown, and I would find him sitting in a wheelchair, two feet from the table, unable to even reach his food. The staff explained the cold dining room by saying that room was added on later and "it's always like this". The wound care he received appeared inadequate and the doctor too rushed. One of the nurses was fairly good. Hallways are cramped and cluttered and too many silly holiday decorations didn't help. I can only hope the administrators of this place have the opportunity to be patients/residents here someday.

star5520 August 18, 2015

My Mom is in Garden Gate for broken femur, she has to have the hoyer lift to get out of bed and to use bedpan, sometimes she sits for an hour waiting. Aides do not want to work, food is terrible, and it is not very clean, with tiny rooms. Would not advise anyone to be their family member here. It's bad when patients have their light on for help and 2 aides walk by and say they are not responding to any of the lights. I could go on and on, but I guess you get my drift. I can't wait till survey time.

Caring103704450 March 27, 2015

I visited Garden Gate for my mother. I didn't care for the cleanliness of it. It seemed cluttered. It didn't seem like a home-living. It was more of an institutional living, and that turned me off right away. The staff did show me around. One thing different there than where my mom is now is that they had like little individual dining rooms with maybe 15 people in it. Overall, what they could improve on is to tidy up their hallways. That was the biggest turn-off for me. I was very unimpressed. Their main hallways seemed to be cluttered.

Careless January 07, 2015

My mother was placed there for rehab after a fall. She had been there before without any issues. This time it seemed that the staff was not very attentive. She ended up falling at night near her bed and bruised up her leg. Then the next day was taken to the the hospital when throwing up and incoherent. Turned out she had been overmedicated with her epilepsy pills and the doctor at the hospital told us she was "toxic" which was causing her blood pressure to sky rocket. Needless to say she will not be going back there!

Kathy72052250 May 31, 2014

Garden Gate Health Care Facility was the first place that would take my mom for rehab, and she's been there ever since. It is an older facility; a medium scale for cleanliness and the look of it. The service is satisfactory and activities are great. However, the rooms are too small. They can make it bigger and cleaner. The food is terrible too. They could have a better menu and food choices, like more fresh food. In addition, the air quality is not good; it's either too hot or too cold.

About Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Garden Gate Health Care Facility is a nursing home in Cheektowaga, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Garden Gate Health Care Facility for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: