Garden Gate Health Care Facility

2365 UNION ROAD, Cheektowaga, NY, 14227

Reviews of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

August 18, 2015

By star5520

My Mom is in Garden Gate for broken femur, she has to have the hoyer lift to get out of bed and to use bedpan, sometimes she sits for an hour waiting. Aides do not want to work, food is terrible, and it is not very clean, with tiny rooms. Would not advise anyone to be their family member here. It's bad when patients have their light on for help and 2 aides walk by and say they are not responding to any of the lights. I could go on and on, but I guess you get my drift. I can't wait till survey time.

March 27, 2015

I visited Garden Gate for my mother. I didn't care for the cleanliness of it. It seemed cluttered. It didn't seem like a home-living. It was more of an institutional living, and that turned me off right away. The staff did show me around. One thing different there than where my mom is now is that they had like little individual dining rooms with maybe 15 people in it. Overall, what they could improve on is to tidy up their hallways. That was the biggest turn-off for me. I was very unimpressed. Their main hallways seemed to be cluttered.

January 07, 2015

By Careless

My mother was placed there for rehab after a fall. She had been there before without any issues. This time it seemed that the staff was not very attentive. She ended up falling at night near her bed and bruised up her leg. Then the next day was taken to the the hospital when throwing up and incoherent. Turned out she had been overmedicated with her epilepsy pills and the doctor at the hospital told us she was "toxic" which was causing her blood pressure to sky rocket. Needless to say she will not be going back there!

May 31, 2014

By Kathy72052250

Garden Gate Health Care Facility was the first place that would take my mom for rehab, and she's been there ever since. It is an older facility; a medium scale for cleanliness and the look of it. The service is satisfactory and activities are great. However, the rooms are too small. They can make it bigger and cleaner. The food is terrible too. They could have a better menu and food choices, like more fresh food. In addition, the air quality is not good; it's either too hot or too cold.

Features of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Garden Gate Health Care Facility is a nursing home in Cheektowaga, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Garden Gate Health Care Facility for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Garden Gate Health Care Facility