Sardis Oaks

5151 SARDIS RD, Charlotte, NC, 28270

Reviews of Sardis Oaks

DissatisfiedRoo January 13, 2014

If you have a loved one needing nursing care DO NOT PUT THEM IN SARDIS OAKS!!! The care is awful. My mother has been left all day without being changed over and over again. The response time when she calls for assistance is outrageous. She called for help bc she was falling out of the bed. 35 minutes later someone showed up and then rudely asked "What do you want?" Most all of the staff are rude, uncaring and don't follow standards. For example: This is a NO LIFT facility where patients are to be moved by use of a slide board. Time and time again she is lifted off of and onto the bed. She is to have access to certain items at all times; such as her phone and "grabber". These are invariably on the other side of the room. A good number of times she has not even gotten her lunch until 2:00 in the afternoon or later. She has even had to call to ask if she could have food! Many of the staff are rude and uncaring. There is ONE worker who has been very nice. And the therapists are fine. Oh! Another thing! She was not even gotten up out of the bed until 1:00 on Sat. and consequently did not have lunch until 2:00 p.m. Many times, when the therapist come to get her for her therapy session, she has not been bathed, changed or dressed. They have to take the time to do all threee before she can go to therapy. This takes away from their valuable time where they could be working with my mother and other patients! The halls always smell of feces. This place is HORRIBLE!!! Complaint after complaint has been made to the management with no results except for the same sorriness!

JeanGR July 11, 2012

She was not happy with her situation during her cognitive moments, but it was about not being at her home rather than an issue with her level of care. Sardis was a clean nice facility with caring staff. Visits with my grandmother were easy. We could come and go as often as we liked and we could also check my grandmother out to stay with us in our homes. She had her own private room that we were able to decorate with her personal items. In the main center of the floor she stayed on was an open living area for the residents where they could have visitors or just enjoy each others company. We were able to have a hair stylist come to her room and fix her hair like she liked it which always seemed to brighten her spirits. As well as being knowledgeable staff was also empathetic as her condition got progressively worse. They kept a vigil watch over her and when she developed a high fever beyond their level of care they transported her quickly to a hospital that could better treat her. They were a true comfort to our family in her final days.

ngreenw April 19, 2012

Everyone was incredibly loving and sweet- my little brother and sister were welcomed, despite their young age, and many of the residents doted on them. In addition, animals were kept at the facility and there were beautiful gardens, which I thought was a great thing.

cdayton August 19, 2011

I visited Sardis Oaks when I was assisting a family in locating a facility for their mother who could no longer remain independent in her home due to health issues.
Sardis Oaks is a clean facility and the staff are friendly. My immediate impression however, was that it's an older facility and could use some updating. All of the rooms I saw were double occupancy and I think for a longer term stay single occupancy rooms would allow for a more private and at home feel. In addition, the wing we visited had a shared bathroom (so not even an individual bathroom for each double occupancy room), another downfall especially for elderly who might have difficulty walking out of their room and down a hall to get to the restroom in the middle of the evening. The dining room is clean and friendly and I saw a couple of residents enjoying a meal with their friends or family members. There are also a good amount of activities available (at least one daily - from arts and crafts to chair exercise).
I noticed a nice little courtyard area at this facility and a few residents enjoying some outdoor time. The location for this facility is well situated for outdoor time as it sits back off the road and seems to take up several acres of land. In addition, the facility offers a hair salon and on the day I was there one resident seemed to be enjoying her time with a very friendly hair dresser. Ultimately the family I was working with decided to go with a different facility because of the lack of private rooms available at this facility. This one did make about the top five in their list though because there were also some strong positives (nice dining room, friendly staff, good activities schedule). Overall, I would recommend this facility but also suggest that some others in the area might be a better "fit" for some residents.

Kk-1 August 21, 2008

Family friend/relative

This place is DISGUSTING. Nurses are rude and ruff with the patients. They leave patients sitting in a wheelchair for hours w/o checking on them, changing them, and feeding them. If you are not by the patients side you never know how they treat them. Patients in up in worse condition or even passing away for things they could have prevented. They should be shut down. We are in the process of removing our family member. There SICK

About Sardis Oaks

Sardis Oaks is a nursing home in Charlotte, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sardis Oaks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Sardis Oaks

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Sardis Oaks