Charlotte Health Care Center

1735 TODDVILLE RD, Charlotte, NC, 28214

Reviews of Charlotte Health Care Center

Earthell October 25, 2014

Charlotte Health Care Center was great, I was impressed, and I was pleased with the care that they put for my father. They have a swimming pool ,and the food is not hospital tasting even though he is on a sodium diet. The only problem that I had is the linens in the rooms as they don’t change the linen often enough, but I really like the staff.

concerned offspring September 21, 2014

I'm very disappointed in this facility. My father was on his third stay here because of convenience. Unfortunately during this stay he had suffered brain damage due to a massive stroke which left him unable to care for himself. We received a call that he fell out of bed and that he was checked and they didn't find anything wrong. He's like an infant so we couldn't understand how he ended up on floor between two bed. We had facility call medics, we get to the hospital he has a knot on back of his head and front. Very upsetting, he can't talk so who knows how much pain he was in. Do not I repeat do not think twice about this facility.

dont do it May 13, 2014

DO NOT allow anyone you love to enter the doors of this place. Nursing staff is rude, inattentive, loud, uncaring and, from all I witnessed over 20 days, capable of bringing prescriptions to the room and nothing more. One of the occ therapists and one rehab person were WORLD CLASS and I hope they are smart enough to know that they could get a job anywhere they want. I have a full page of violations and complaints that I intend to escalate with the facility, my insurance company and my congressperson. Inexcusable to treat people the way they do. Could not be more disappointed.

in disbeleif December 30, 2013

My 80 year old mother needed some short term rehab after being in the hospital for 3 days from bladder surgery. She became week from being in bed and needed help to regain strength in her lower body. I checked her in late Friday afternoon and the nurses seemed nice, however, the facility was old and dingy. One of the knobs on the dresser was broken so my mom could not open the drawer and she did not have a working TV in her room. When I asked about the TV I was told they would fix it. I came back at 9 am the next morning I found urine on the floor right outside the bathroom and inside the bathroom. My mom told me about it right away and said she told the nurses at 3am what had happened and no one cleaned it up. Due to her surgery she is not able to hold her urine for long and needs to go right away, however she was told she needed to call a nurse for help. The nurses took too long, so she went by herself and did not make it in time. When I asked about the urine on the floor, the night shift was blamed, however they did clean it up. The TV was never fixed and when I asked about that I was told she would have to wait until Monday for the maintenance man. The food was horrible and my mom would not eat any of it. The only thing that was good was the physical therapy and occupational therapy. They were professional and helped my mom a lot. In spite of the therapy, I wanted to take my mom to my home and look for alternative therapy since the other conditions were very depressing and not conducive to her getting better. I was told that a Doctor needed to sign off and that could not happen until Monday at the earliest. If I took her out without the Doctor's consent, it would mess up her insurance coverage. In the end, I signed her out to come and be with me during the day and only took her back for therapy and bedtime.
Mots of the people at the facility appeared to have neurological injuries, which is not a good place for someone who is in their right mind to be. There are no telephones in the rooms, but they have 3 cordless phones that the residents can share. I did not like that either. One evening when we were dropping mom off in the dark, there was a resident in a wheel chair out by the road. This clearly shows a lack of supervision. Most of the staff were courteous when I spoke with them, however, with all the things I saw an experienced, it made me wonder what went on when no one was watching. I got my out on Monday morning and I will never take her back there again. In the future I will personal visit anyplace I am considering for rehab even if it is only short term and I would recommend that you do the same.

Clarisse1 February 22, 2013

We really liked Charlotte Healthcare Center. It was very clean, updated, nice, and newer-looking facility. The staff is really friendly. The only issue I had with them was communication. It was difficult to get through to speak to someone when you had a question or concern. Even though my father-in-law had a bracelet on his legs because he has slight dementia, he would go out the door. And even with the door alarm, the staff just couldn't get out quick enough to catch him, and he'd be out on the parking lot. He would want to just leave and go out the door.

But the staff is really nice and friendly. He was always very clean and well-kept there. It would be nice if the residents would have an opportunity to be taken outside. He really just wanted to be able to go outside when the weather is nice. He actually thought he was in jail. But I understand there's not enough staff to do that. Also, one of the things that we're not happy about and trying to get change is a lot of his stuff have gotten missing. So we actually had to purchase a lock ourselves for his own cabinet so he won't lose things.

hum May 12, 2012

call button on for a long time in several patient rooms.

cdayton August 23, 2011

I visited this facility with a client while she was searching for short term rehab assistance.

The facility is not the most updated I've seen, but it is clean and pretty well maintained. Staff are friendly and kind to the residents, and I observed more than one staff member calling a resident by name during my visit.

The rehab staff at this facility were very knowledgeable and really took the time to talk to me, and to my client, and explain what she could expect following her surgery, how rehab would work, and what their expectations would be before she was able to return home.

The dining and common areas at this facility were clean and well kept, but certainly could have used some updating (as could the facility as a whole). My client asked a couple of different residents about the quality of the food served and they both commented that it was good.

My client ultimately decided on a different facility because she preferred a place a bit closer to her daughter, and a little more updated. I do think I would still recommend this facility though. It could use some improvements in the building but the quality of care and friendliness of staff are excellent here in my opinion.

About Charlotte Health Care Center

Charlotte Health Care Center is a nursing home in Charlotte, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Charlotte Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Charlotte Health Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Charlotte Health Care Center