Charlotte Hall Veterans Home | Nursing Home

29449 CHARLOTTE HALL ROAD, Charlotte Hall, MD, 20622

Reviews of Charlotte Hall Veterans Home | Nursing Home

Leah4 June 26, 2013

Charlotte Hall Veterans is quite far from us about more than an hour away. The place has about 40 females and 360 males. We had her there because she broke her leg, but it seems to be working. She is in a single room and now that she is indeed healing, she is being moved to a shared room and I don't know how that will work out in the long term. The staff are very nice, because it's a home for vets, everybody seems to go the extra yard. They seem to have a caring attitude for everyone. I ate there once and it seems to be okay. My mom thinks its okay, so no complaints. She seems to be content, but I think it was really the single room that made us all very accepting of it.

The other thing that you may want to make a note of, even though they do specialize in dementia which is what my mom has, they really take care of all kinds of people with all kinds of needs. There communications are pretty good. They actually will call me quarterly and update me on my mom on how she is adjusting in her health. I've only had one call so far, but they all seemed to be pretty helpful. They have facility-hospital feel to it, but the grounds were nice. When I go there I enjoy sitting outside with my mom and chat with her.

Caring0558 May 31, 2013

The Alzheimer's wing of Charlotte Hall Veterans was nicer than a lot of the other ones I've seen. The reason we visited this place is because the veterans get a little break in terms of the price. But we immediately decided it was way too far for my partner's parents to be because nobody would ever visit them. They all live north. The grounds were nice and if you live close to it, it might be excellent.

Dawn W. July 05, 2012

Good care and nutrition for my Dad for his 5 years of residency in the locked-down Alzheimer's Unit...However, while he was a "fall risk" in the last year of his life, it was a constant nightmare because of the lack of communication from the nurses there. The fall that finally killed him is still a mystery and getting the Death Certificate filled out properly was equally a nightmare and took over a month. The only reason our family just accepted this mysterious fall at the very end was that it was finally an end to the constant torment we all felt while he was there....

About Charlotte Hall Veterans Home

Charlotte Hall Veterans Home is a nursing home in Charlotte Hall, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Charlotte Hall Veterans Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Charlotte Hall Veterans Home

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Charlotte Hall Veterans Home