Desert Cove Nursing Center | Chandler, AZ

1750 W FRYE RD, Chandler, AZ, 85224

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Desert Cove Nursing Center | Chandler, AZ

drek60 April 05, 2015

I am truly thankful to all the staff for taking such a wonderful care of my Husband after his pacemaker surgery. The amount of care received from the Director, nurses, kitchen workers to the custodians was overwhelming, it gave us piece of mind when leaving him every evening in their care. My husband was truly satisfied through his 15 day stay, special thanks to Michelle, Amy, Brenda, Cliff, Tat, and most of all to the Executive Director Brett, who made it a point to come in every day to ask if everything was being done to make my husband's stay, more comfortable.

Sincere thanks, The Chambers family

phoebie December 04, 2014

My friend was a patient at Desert Cove and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the building and attentiveness of all the staff. I helped her tour other facilities before selecting Desert Cove for her nursing care and we both felt that the warmth expressed by the staff was far superior over the other facilities. She received excellent care, LOVED her therapists and much to her surprise she enjoyed the meals served here as well. Desert Cove gets a five star in my book!

Luvlee07 June 08, 2014

My boyfriend was at desert cove for close to two weeks. It was by far the WORST experience we have ever had. If I could give this place a "negative stars" rating... Believe me, I would. To start, they were constantly forgetting him. He would press his button and it would take over an hour for anyone to get to him. If he had to go to the bathroom he would be stuck waiting and when he finally got up and went by himself, the staff would scold him for getting up without assistance. His medication was never on time. He had one shower in two weeks... And that's only because I eventually called and raised hell. The physical therapist verbally abused him right in front of me and my family because he wanted to wait to do his physical therapy until after we had left. She was completely out of line and her language was inappropriate. I could seriously go on for days about how awful this place was to us. And the icing on the cake? Before he was discharged they took. X-rays to send over to his doctor. They had to do it two times because they X-rayed the wrong part of his leg the first time. We were reassured that the X-rays would he sent to his doctor (literally right across the street). Like we had guessed, when he got to his doctos appointment, they weren't there. And to add to it, they had him under a completely different first name, and yet again, they x rayed the wrong part of his leg!!!!! Even the doctor was angry. I do not recommend taking anyone that you love to this facility. And I plan to report them to as many places as I need to, to have this place exposed for the awful providers they really are

jennafur March 22, 2014

DO NOT take your loved one here! My mom was in there for rehab therapy after a fall and ended up almost dying because of their neglect! She was there 2 weeks and they never cared if she ate or not so she lost a bunch of weight and became increasingly weaker. She was there to get stronger! She got a very bad diarrhea there and would take their sweet time to come when she needed help to bathroom, and would leave her sitting in her feces. Her rear end was severely scalded. Her roommate told me that one time the nurses came in and got her to the bathroom and just hosed her off while she stood there crying in the corner. She said they were standing there laughing!!!!! I only found all this out when my mom called me and said she couldnt breathe and no one was helping her. She has a history of pneumonia and other lung issues so I was extremely concerned. They did nothing for her for several hours said there was a dr that would be in to see her but it ended up there was not one in the building like they said there was. The night nurse came in and just proceeded to try to give her her meds like nothing was going on. So at 930 pm I took her out of there and took her to the hospital. We got an ambulance and luckily the hospital was right across the street. She was so pale and blood pressure was high. She had pneumonia. She is still in the hospital. These people almost killed my mother. I am so grateful that I was able to get her out of there. I hope her roommate will be ok. They made her stay in that room with my sick mom and her coughing and explosive diarrhea. Please do not take anyone here. And if you know anyone in there, do what you can to get them out. I guarantee they are not being cared for. It looked like it was a place to go and die :(

Dennis10 August 25, 2013

The staff at Desert Cove was excellent. The facility was older but it was well-maintained and clean. The grounds were well-kept.

Fil May 29, 2013

I had a bad experience with Desert Cove. I spent 35 days there with a catheter on me and they never questioned it. The staff would ignore me and nobody was helping me. I only got two showers for the 35 days I was there. It was terrible. The doctor I saw after I left the place had told me that because I had the catheter, this will give me bladder problem in the long run. I do have that problem now. I got incontinence.

About Desert Cove Nursing Center

Desert Cove Nursing Center is a nursing home in Chandler, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Desert Cove Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Desert Cove Nursing Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Desert Cove Nursing Center