NEED HELP FINDING OR CHOOSING A SENIOR HELP ADVISOR?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Settlers Ridge Care Center

Posted by Todd41 June 04, 2015
1.0

My father was placed here for Rehab for back issues. This facility is understaffed and does not care for their patients. My father fell twice. We came in to find him unresponsive and they had him so doped up he didn't know what day it was. sent in with back problems to Rehab and now I'm in the ER. Because these people don't care for the elderly. DO NOT SEND ANYONE HERE.

Posted by Screenname001 March 09, 2015
1.0

During the week the care is ok. On weekends it falls down to a range from substandard to neglect. Management behaves as if the same patients there from M-F do not need the same level of care on Sat and Sun. Requests for care reviews are met with denials or outright lies. I've been told the same number of caregivers are there and it is simply not true. I've seen patients crying because they're lying soaked in their own urine & no one is responding. I've provided assistance to residents because no staff was around. One nurse "supervisor" is there on weekends and she stays hiding at a nursing station rather than a central area. Impossible to discern if the director and his management don't know or don't care. Furniture is getting old and falling apart. The photos in their gallery are at least ten years old. I would not bring a loved one to Settlers Ridge.

Posted by scnurse January 06, 2015
1.0

Beware....horrible Memory Care unit....do NOT place your loved one here. This facility is under staffed and not safe for high risk patients. Management is awful and a majority of staff are unprofessional and lack compassion for this special population. My grandmother was a resident here and we had to transfer her to another facility because we feared for her safety. She fell multiple times due to lack of supervision and lack of proper staffing. At least one fall was serious enough to require immediate medical attention and an ER visit and neither was done. In addition, we were not informed she fell until hours later when we visited. This facility also changed her medications without permission or family notification. Patients in the memory care unit are basically gathered in a very small common area and forced to sit there all day in front of a TV with no activities. Please do NOT place a loved one here!!!

Posted by Atirdrop December 10, 2013
4.0

Clean & well staffed Settlers Ridge is a nurturing place to be. They have outdoor trips for the residents, as well as an activities coordinator providing games, art, & other creative daily activities. They have an indoor aviary, a large outdoor garden with a gazebo that houses a large turtle & rabbits for the residents to interact with while enjoying the lovely flora & fauna. There is also a resident Grey Hound for your petting pleasure. Settlers Ridge is by far the best care center I have seen in the DFW area.

Medicare Ratings